Context: I work in a startup along with a team of other creative individuals. We make e-learning videos. I started a year ago with no problem. I have a different workflow, but my output was higher than everybody else. I was awarded employee of the year because of that.

But just now the tech lead of my team has decided to single me out and send a long message to the whole team talking about my performance being bad and sub-par.

I think this doesn't make sense. I have asked the tech lead and my team's manager for feedback on my work on multiple occasions and there was never a problem. The manager also frequently compliments my performance. I know mistakes happen, but definitely not on the level that he's saying, and not to the extent that I'm worse than other people.

Let's make it clear: I dont want to quit, at least for now. I need the money.

The team's manager has sensed something's up and called a meeting with us 2 days from now. I thought about showing the tech lead's work and mine next to each other and point out how he's full of shit. But I dont think that will help me in the long run. I dont want to stay silent and just let this tech lead guy walk all over me when I know it's bullshit, either. I decided to show up at work like normal and keep silent until the meeting.

I feel the reason here is jealousy. Because I've been assigned one of the tech lead's pending projects and I was doing a great job improving everything. I can show a comparison of the work he has done in this project vs mine and the difference will be clear. I also mentioned different workflows. The old and slower workflow was created by the tech lead himself.

What should I do in this situation, guys? I dont like the tech lead but the manager is okay and reasonable. So is the founder/ CEO. I dont want to quit just because of one employee. Sould I have a separate talk with the CEO first and decide? I'm also thinking of asking some people from other departments who have worked with me for feedback on my performance (just for "annual reviews") including good and bad things, so I can use that as defense, in case the tech lead guy tries to get me to lose my job.