I was trying to sell my old phone today. It's screen had broke and I didn't want to deal with the repair - I've tried to replace phone screens before and they always end up breaking after a short period of time so I just wanted to offload it.

I went online and listed a price. Someone else had told me that they had sold for about 500 in my local currency, so I went for 700. Not a significant difference but would be a fair recoupment on disposal.

I went online and I instantly got dozens of messages and calls from people who wanted my phone. Like one person called me at 1 am telling me to pick a time and date. I felt like I had won the bag.

I booked two people to take the device off of me on a Thursday and a Friday. When others kept telling me to sell it at a lower price because it was not worth that much I told them to more/less fuck off, because I had already found a buyer, if you can't afford it, fuck off.

Day of the sale, Buyer 1 ditches me. I try again with Buyer 2, ditches me. No more phone calls. I over valued what I was actually worth. I am now messaging my old offers. "Hey are you still interested."

Maybe I can offload it for 450. Is that what hitting the wall feels like