Intro

After reading The Forward Male by Mike Mehlman I got inspired. This seems to work like a charm:

Hi I'm X. I though you were cute and wanted to say hi.

Then converse for a few minutes and get their number.

Now I've been doing approaches on busy city corners during the day. It's pretty fun, and I've done something like ~50 in a few weekends.

Now I want to share stuff that comes up and ask some questions. My goal is to optimize this such that I can being as efficient as possible when on the streets, and get as many #/hr from hotties as possible.

Observations

First thing I noticed is that you need to be quick and actually filter out the majority of people on the street to find the ones that make sense to talk to (hot, same age range, no air pods, alone*). You will miss a lot of opportunities, but luckily there is an infinite supply.

Generally, there are situations that can occur:

A - Spot girl walking on different sidewalk.

OR

B - Spot girl walking your direction on same sidewalk.

Situation A

I've been handling by:

1. Moving to a position behind them, walking the same direction at a faster pace.
  2. At an intersection we both stop and I start the convo.

The problems I encounter with this is that there is too much luck involved: sometimes it's straight green lights, no place to stop. And if you're "following" for more than two intersections, probably going to look like a stalker.

To get around this, I've just been coming up next to them more and conversing while walking. This feels like it has more potential for "get away from me" vibes though.

Right now like 90% of my approaches have been this street corner intersection conversation. Though, Mike himself say's the most attractive thing is being face-to-face with them, "you don't penetrate them sideways, why would you talk to them that way?" so maybe I should spend less time with this and more with...

Situation B

You can further split this up:

a. They look at you and give you a receptive response (extended eye contract, smile).

b. They look at you, but no receptive signs.

c. They don't look at you.

(b) and (c) seems to be surprisingly common in my area (I live in SE Asia). IMO has less to do with attractiveness and more to do with that fact that people rarely make eye contact here.

Regardless of (a), (b), or (c), your only option is this wild move of taking a U turn and walking with them to talk to them.

This has been a bit too bold for me to try yet, though there are definitely a few (a)'s which I regret not doing it on. My question is: when do you take the U turn, on only (a), (a) + (b), or all of the above?

Other questions:

• Do you actually check for receptivity (extended eye contract, smile) or just ask regardless?
  • Walking while talking - do you just match their path until you get their number? Or do you try to get them to stop for a bit?
  • These conversations can't last long due the nature of it -- they have somewhere they're headed. You're maybe getting a few sentences past "...wanted to say hi" and before "...we should continue chatting more, what's your number?"
  • Maybe street corners / sidewalks aren't actually optimal -- do you prefer other places to do this sort of thing (e.g. park, mall, store)?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.