Fuck me. I was waiting on the subway. Suddenly a girl walks up. We look at each other and she decides to stay near me. It looked as if she wanted to walk further but then changed her mind and took two steps back to stand near me.

I didn't think about this when we were standing next to each other. Anyways, she looked so many times and I looked back into her eyes. I looked away once she looked away. I started thinking and thinking, what do I do, it seemed as if I was calculating the hardest calculation in the world. Some of you most likely know what I am talking about, you overthink until the opportunity dissapears.

The subway arrived, we both went in and stood next to each other, again. She still kept looking at me, I catch her, look into her beautiful eyes until she looks away. I don't know what she wanted but my intiution says she was clearly into me. We coincidentally had to get out at the same stop.

Okay, we get out and walk downstairs. There you have the public transport gates. Even though I was literally walking behind her, so it would be okay to check out at her gate, something in me kicked in, like a stress thingy, I can't describe how but I just immediately walked to another gate to checkout. I could watch her though. When she walked out of her gate she immediately looked behind her. She expected me or something. Then she looked at the other gates and then looked at me for a few seconds before we parted ways.

Uhm, sorry for letting you read all of this but I really had to get it off my chest.

I know, I can't do shit about it - but I NEED to do something about my anxiety. What the fuck was I afraid for. And yes, I know, regret of not doing it is much worser than rejection, "rejection is the injection of progress" and so on.

But I COULDN'T. How do I get myself to embarrass myself the first couple of times so I can learn shit (the hard way). And so that I see for myself, even though I know that will never happen, that I won't die or something by putting myself in such a situation. And so I can desensitize more and more for rejection (if I even would get rejected, not to brag or something but talking is not that terrible in my eyes, I can have a casual conversation, the thing is getting to talk to a stranger is what terrifies me.)

How can I fix this?

Please share some practical advice with me. Or is there a guide that I overlooked?

Thankss