Recently, I saw a post on r/TwoXChromosomes about how women should "stop answering the bodycount question". So, I thought it would be fun to make a post to explain to them why men have this preference. Naturally, the moderators did not approve of my post, so I'm posting it here:

""" I noticed some posts recently about women asking "why do men ask about my bodycount? I don't care that he's been with other women in the past, so why does he care about my past?"

So, since this place seems like the perfect place for sharing points of view equally, I wanted to make this post to have it serve as a discussion for why this happens. In the remainder of this post, I will give my point of view as to why I think men have this preference.

(To preface, I have nothing against women who choose to engage in hookup culture/casual sex. Your life, your choices. I am making this post only to discuss why men have the preference for partners with lower body counts.)

At the core of it, when a woman has a child, that child is hers 100% of the time (excluding cases like surrogate mothers, etc). But it is not 100% certain that the man the woman is in a relationship with is the father of the child. Therefore, some men, a long time ago thought "oh, this woman had many past partners? How can I trust her that she won't run off into the night and have another man's child and fool me into thinking it's mine? I don't want to use my resources raising some other guy's kid."

A critique I expect to this would be: "well what's the problem? why can't he be ok with raising that child?" To which I say: imagine your neighbor came to you and said "hey I had this kid, and I need money to raise it so can you chip in and pay up for 18 years?" what would you say? you'd say "why would I give my hard earned money to pay for a kid that's not mine?" and rightly so, nobody would expect you to. The same happens with guys.

The reason guys are so stringent about the past of their female partners is because they care about ensuring their paternity. Which is something I think women find hard to understand because throughout history, women have never had this problem of wondering "is this child really mine?"

Moreover, in today's world, if a guy gets married, he's basically saying "I'm so confident that my relationship with this woman will last that I'm willing to risk losing half or more of the assets that I've worked my whole life for." (because most of the time, the man earns more, so when it comes time to split the marital assets, the man is usually the one who loses half)

What does this have to do with a woman's sexual history? here's a link to an article citing a study about women's number of past sexual partners vs percentage chance of divorce

In other words, men are thinking "who do I choose? the woman with which there's a 5% chance of divorce? or the woman with which I have a 40-50% chance of divorce?"

TL;DR

In summary, I think the two main reasons men have the preference for partners with lower body counts is because:

1. He wants to ensure his paternity.
  2. He wants to have the lowest possible risk of divorce.

What do you think? I hope my post clears up some confusion, and I welcome anyone who would like to critique my view.

"""

Also, it's hilarious to me how they whine about men's preferences, but when someone explains why men have that preference, they don't wanna hear it. Why would you even ask then?????? Seems to me they like to have an echo chamber full of feel good nonsense and never take advice that "sounds bad" but could improve their lives.