Me: (name)?

Her: Yeah, aaand I can't remember your name?

Me: I'm gonna have to embarrass you now, but I'll give you a hint. It starts with an N

Her: Nathan?

Me: Nope, it's (name)

Then it's small talk about what she does and what I do (I'm in Community College and was studying copywriting. Gonna resume that, I need money). Find out she's also my age and says there aren't many people her age here. Proceed to tell her we're both the same age and she knows one more person now. We talk about what bars she likes. Convo starts to wrap up and she says "Have a good workout"

Me: One more thing, do you wanna grab a drink?

Her: Uhh. maybe

Me: I don't do maybes, only yes or no.

Her: Uhh, this is a lot of pressure.

Me: It is, so yes or no?

Her: Maybee?? (She's putting air pod back in her ear)

Me: I understand

Her: Have a good workout.

Reflecting now, she might've been leaving the door open for me due to uncertainty. I interpreted it as a soft no. If not, then I just shut myself out and closed that door. I really hate how terrible I am at all of this. I really want to say I hate myself for this, but how could I have known? It's already too late once I find out.

Yes, I spoke with this redhead HB 7 at the gym. It appears I'm overcoming my approach anxiety, but now need the confidence that comes from airtight game. I was trying to tease her at the start of the interaction "I'm gonna have to embarrass you now". I can see how that can be interpreted as just being an uncharismatic ass, maybe I'm just awful. I was smiling and happy when I said that line, I don't fucking know anymore.

Self observation: These approaches are still exciting for me, so I notice myself speeding up my speech. I'm talking more quickly (not too too fast) as my brain is being primed for any possible response instead of just enjoying the conversation. Must still have some nervousness present.

She's graduated from uni already, so she has likely been ran through. I'd really just like a turn or two with these girls. Fuck, did I mess up badly again? Please lay it on me, I need some help. Yes I've read the side bar, it should be obvious I'm not a natural Don Juan by this point. Thanks in advanced.