I have had zero success with online dating. I have tried every app there is. If I do get a like it is usually from a girl who just genuinely is not plausible from the looks department (I'm not being picky). There is also of course always the occasional confused dude. I really do not understand what I am doing wrong and at this point I just find it highly discouraging.

I am 6'4 and 225lbs of mostly muscle. I am currently in a doctoral program for psychology. People tell me that I am very good looking. One girl I was with wanted to use me to cuckold someone, so I don't think looks and/or size is an issue (I turned her down). I have had friends who do really well with women and would tell me that if they were me they would do so much better, yet I really don't do very well. My confidence got tanked a few years ago due to unforeseen unfortunate life events. I was hoping that online dating would help me get back out there but I have only gotten laid twice off of these apps over 2 years. I just do not get it. One of the things I love about this sub was that it gave me hope to make my life better, but at this point I don't know what is left to work on. As far as life goes, I'm crushing it. I always thought that women would come as a result of living my life well, but the last few years that has not been true. I also quit drinking a little over three years ago and I don't think that has helped me at all in this department. I don't really have the confidence to risk asking people I know out in person anymore because I have had such abysmal success.

I am not sure if this is a vent or a request for help. It is probably a bit of both. I have good photos that were taken for me by either gay or female friends. I also have had help with my profile. I have read online how skewed online dating is against men so I would give up on it if not for the fact that I know guys who crush it on these apps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading my rant.