Hey there, throwaway for anonymity reasons. Hope everyone's doing fine.

Im 18M, and as per current state of male friendships between peers my age, getting physical every now and then is accepted. Fair enough, I do partake in light budding metaphorical heads sometimes, but nothing more than maybe a nudge or some arm wrestling.

There's this one thing that makes me super pissed off tho: slaps. On the back, back of the head, shoulders or butt. And im not talking light slaps, but slaps that are purposefully forceful as to incite a reaction. Think poking a bear with a stick type of dynamic.

These slaps have been a reoccurring thing throughout my youth, but thing is, its a catch twenty-two for me: I've always been a big guy, (am 6'1 210lbs looking like a bodybuilder right now) and am considerably stronger than anyone doing the slapping. This means that if I physically respond back, someone gets injured, and thats a no-go. If I dont respond back, they see it as an invitation to keep it up and continue with the demeaning behavior. I end up looking bad either way. Talking them out of it never ever worked.

Just a couple days ago, went on a hike with my 'best friend' and a girl I've been seeing for some time. Throughout the time we spent on the hike, he slapped my butt twice and made quite disrespectful comments about me, making everything super awkward and flat out making me look really bad (Cringing as I am writing this). Now, I cant answer with violence and so just ignored it and made witty comebacks, but this cant go on. I will be distancing myself from that guy since I will not continue to tolerate the BS.

Im not the type to get butthurt and understand boys will be boys; I'm one of them. But when things get out of hand and cross a line, how should I deal with disrespect?

TLDR; As the bigger guy, how to deal with physical disrespect?