Before I start, I just wanna say I love lifting weights. It's the best antidepressant for me and gives me time in the day to be selfish yet productive.

With that said, there seems to be a destructive myth that you must spend HOURS in the gym at a time. Not only is this not true, I find it extremely unproductive to squeeze in more lifts than necessary, damage your muscles more than necessary, and just spend 3+ hours a day working out that you could be using on other productive things(studying, working, spending time with friends/family). 1 to 2 hours every day will get you much better results than 3+ hours 3 times a week.

short but effective workout sessions will be long enough to be a nice break from the rest of your life, but not feel overwhelming.

Make a schedule for different muscle groups

go the gym and work out that muscle group(s)

if you are done it may be beneficial to roll out sore muscles from previous days on foam rollers at the gym.

That's it. You're done for the day. Go home, take a shower, do whatever needs to be done for the day, and come back to the gym tomorrow and repeat with a different muscle group.