So my dad, we'll call him Bill, used to be a car salesman. He tells me this story of two of the first clients he ever had. A guy came in to the dealership to sell his car. My dad brought the client into his office and sat them down, went over the paperwork, then took the information to the manager to get an offer for the client. His manager said, "offer them $2000."

The vehicle was obviously worth more than $2000, but my dad didn't question the offer, he went back to the client and offered $2000. The client, outraged, stood from his seat in a hostile manner. My dad responded with a similarly hostile stance and said, "if you don't like it leave!" The client left.

My dad's manager came into his office and said, "what went wrong Bill?"

"He took a threatening posture!" my dad responded.

"No, Bill, that's what went right. If our clients aren't becoming hostile because our offer is too low, then our offer wasn't low enough. Next time this happens, I want you to do two things. First, when he stands in a hostile manner, I want you to set everything down, lean back in your seat, like your totally comfortable, and look at him as if he just did something nasty and disgusting. Look at him like he should be embarrassed. I promise you Bill, the client will sit back down and listen to you. Second, when he sits back down, take his side. Make me look like the bad guy, then reason with him. Offer him a new low ball, but make it seem like I'll be peeling over for it. Now, when you do this, it's important that you never use the word "but." It will turn them off, so if you ever feel the need to use the word "but," use the word "yet" instead."

So that's what my dad did. The next client came in, my dad gave them an outrageously low offer provided by the manager in which the client again stood in a hostile manner. My dad did as he was told. He set everything down, leaned back comfortably, and gave him a look of shame. The man literally started walking around the table toward my dad until he saw his face. The man, already on my dad's side of the desk, walked back to his chair and sat down embarrassed. Then my dad made the manager the bad guy, used "yet" instead of "but" and got a car for half it's worth.

The power of shame is amazingly powerful. I don't know a lot about the red pill, but as I understand it, it has a lot to do with the ability to manipulate (not necessarily a bad thing). Thought you might appreciate the story.