Firstly, this post is intended to be a generic resource for those in Monk mode like myself. Many of you may not like what I have said, the way I say it, the tools I have given or my approach, but take the parts you like as a springboard to launch you back into the game. I am still swallowing this pill myself and as beta as they come. Feel free to criticize (after all this the the real reason I am posting this, (how do I become RP by lurking?)) and add your own tools for how you crushed your monk mode.

So, you want to clean off the enormous shit that life has dumped on top of you. Where should we(I) start?

Beginning with Yourself.

Preliminaries

Forget the women right now. You are behind others who are more successful than you. Are you in the top 20% of men? "not yet". You may have to accept your situation and thats why you are here. It is time to get your shit together.

Expectations. “nothing happens to the wise man contrary to his expectation,” - Seneca

Set your expectations. Expect failure and criticism at every stage of your life, the more successful you are the more failure AND success are amplified in your life.

You will be criticized by others for changing. You may fail your exam. You may over-eat some days. You may get sick. You may get kicked out. You may have injuries. You may gain weigh when trying to lose it. You may lose a contract. You may get dumped/divorced/cheated on. Your plate may stop contacting you. You may get fired. You may have to go back to university. You may get rejected. You will get shit tested. You may get ignored. You may fall into deep depression. Your parents may die before you. Your kids may die before you. The list goes on.

These fuck-ups in life should be expected(apply this to your goal setting below). It does not mean you should stop moving forward. They are just parts of life we may need to experience to get to the next level. Of course, I am not saying they are easy to get over, But "[The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way]( https://www.amazon.com/Obstacle-Way-Timeless-Turning-Triumph/dp/1591846358/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492734891&sr=8-1&keywords=the+obstacle+is+the+way+by+ryan+holiday)".

Fixing your mind. - "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven out of hell and a hell of out heaven" John Milton - Paradise Lost

Firstly, what I will say about this topic is controversial here. See a fucking doctor and fix that shit ASAP. You cannot live without your mind, it is forever attached to you until you die. Negative self talk must be eradicated. I went through this myself. I took the advice, I did the time, I took the drugs every day and smashed it. It is now no longer a problem I have.

Of course, this is a tricky subject. In one way or another this can be the driving force into monk mode. Many have their anxieties, depressions and mental problems from family, work, environment or their long lost oneitis who is never to return after cheating on you (please spare me the details)! This sub is not the place for deep psychological advice as you get people saying "man up", "just do it" or "dont be a pussy cunt" without consideration for things going on in your personal life. This will make you feel WORSE, not better and may keep you stuck in your room longer than you need to be there.

There are many interesting [CBT tools](http://www.oxfordclinicalpsych.com/view/10.1093/med:psych/9780195341645.001.0001/med-9780195341645-appendix-1 )(check their about page) to work through if you are in a bad spot, but see a doctor first and TAKE THEIR ADVICE INSTEAD OF MINE.

Lastly, meditation is a useful skill to train your mind. Train your relaxation response by trying headspace or www.calm.com apps.

Finding your mission - "Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Again, like fixing your mind, extremely fucking difficult. Most get lucky and know what they love and do it for the rest of their lives. This is not for them.

The first thing you should know is that there is fuck loads of time to work it out and change course. Obviously, the sooner the better, because then we can start dominating life. You probably have around 80 years to live if you are in a first world country. Wim hof started his mission in his 50s, Jack Ma started Alibaba in his 30s, Colonel Sanders started selling chicken in his gas station at 40, Soichiro Honda started Honda when he was 31, Henry Ford started the Ford Motor Company at 40 and Robert Greene published The 48 laws of power when he was 38. What ever stage you are at just remember, it is never too late to begin a new mission.

Secondly, In order to find your mission you need to understand yourself. Many will cry foul at this, but try an MBTI test as a general guideline of where to start. For example, If you are extroverted look for work that involves dealing with people. In my case I am an INTJ and gain energy from working on problems in solitude (no wonder 98% of you will hate this post). You are trying to find what you're really meant to do.

Lastly, try everything until you find it. Start NOW. Roll the Dice with your life and take a chance. The fact is, you DEFINITELY wont find your mission if you dont do anything new. Create your own luck and opportunity, how the fuck else will you find it?

Preparation.

Goals - “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” - Jordan Belfort

Of course, I applied these concepts from the sidebar to losing weight myself. How did I approach it? I combined two different goals, which are interlinked and help in achieving both. If I failed one, I could still achieve the other. i.e. I gained weight today(30% of my days I gained weight when trying to lose it, this is normal), but I reached my distance of X kilometres, therefore I know I am still moving towards the end goal.

Goal 1:

S/M - Lose 10 kg's weight, eat less, measure calories(myfitnesspal app, [export tool] (https://www.designbyvh.com/myfitnesspal-export-data/))

A - achievable? yes.

R - realistic? yes I have time to exercise x hours per week.

T - By the end of the year.

Goal 2:

S/M - run 5* per week starting at 2km, increase distance by 1km each run per week, stop increasing distance at 10 km's (Law #47 do not go past the mark you aimed for, learn when to stop)

A - Achievable? yes.

R - Realistic? yes, slow enough for body recovery, fast enough to drop the weigh.

T - no time constraint, keep running until you are 99 years old, reduce when you start lifting.

Planning. "When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal." - Napoleon Hill

Yes, the sidebar says to lift. Have I started yet? No. Why you fucking beta cunt?! I need to plan my macros, diet, find out the best exercises and weigh up the costs of gym memberships because all of these factors when approached in the WRONG way will increase the likely-hood I will not get a chiseled chest, buldging biceps and rock hard abs. There is nothing worse than doing 10,000 sit-ups only to realise you dont have abs because your diet sucks donkey dick or reading 20 books on a topic which has already been automated by a computer program.

The second thing is, I paid for a diet plan and 4 day split, because I knew that it would take me too long to work everything out. Manage your Time and delegate work to people better than you accordingly.

Thirdly, start a google calendar, add in the things you MUST do. All the white space you have left is your time to do anything you want. Network with others? Crush that book to master your craft? Get that resume done? Start your business plan?

Lastly, journaling(more on this later). Plan small goals to achieve tomorrow. How the fuck will you know that you have improved and learned something different from yesterday?

Doing the Work and Sustaining it.

This is the EASIEST(yes, framing the right goals/plans and removing shitty self-talk is 90% of the work done) part once you have the first 2 in order. However, things can get in your way.

Motivation - "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going" - Jim Ryun

To begin we need motivation. Be inspired and listen to your favourite music to energize yourself to get shit done.

This stage will last about 0.005 seconds, it has NO lasting impact. I don't know why I wasted 4 lines explaining this.

Habit Formation - "Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Vince Lombardi

We can now do the shit we what we want to accomplish our goals, but how do we sustain it for years and years to come? Discipline... obedience of the rules?... I don't know man, I think if we create good habits we may not have to worry about disciplining ourselves when we fuck up(remember expectation, you will slip up eventually).

First is awareness (The concept of "Noting" is very useful here from meditation, headspace covers this) of what we are doing without thinking. Craving that food/drug/stupid girl? Interrupt your patterns.

We need to Create Habits and link them together. Some you have right now are bad and others are good.

They work like this: cue -> routine -> reward

cue = boredom

routine = check social media

reward = endless lolz, endless memes

cue = HB 10

routine = game + frame

reward = finishing on her face

cue = alarm/reminder

routine = run, lift

reward = Adonis' body

Of course, these frameworks can be changed. Change only the queue, change only the routine, change only the reward, or change all of it at the same time. It's your choice on how you want to (Law #25) recreate yourself.

Some tools to keep you accountable to reinforce your habits are either beeminder.com or stickk.com. The most important part of habit change is accountability. Put your credit card on the line and trick your brain into realizing that the pain of carrying out the task is LESS than the a pain of donating free money away to some random websites or your ex wife.

Combating Distraction - "The press does not feel responsibility for its judgments. It makes judgments and attaches labels with the greatest of ease. Mediocre journalists simply make headlines of their conclusions, which suddenly become generally accepted.” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

It's common sense, limit your time on facebook, instagram and other social media sites to get shit done. Try Leechblock, StayFocusd or wastenotime depending on your browser. Get adblock and remove the risk of wasting your money on piles of useless shit that will not contribute to your assets.

People are another distraction, get rid of the vampires in your social group who suck your energy and time out of you. Give yourself an upgrade like those gold diggers do with richer men. Start different hobbies and find new people.

Sell your TV, if you need the news, use google and read the clickbait titles only, they tell you everything you need to know. If you watch certain shows, download it so you dont have to sit through hours and hours worth of shitty infomercials.

Improvement

This is the ultimate goal. The worst version of yourself MUST be the person you are right now, as long as you are growing in some form you are on a winners path.

Learning - “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” - Socrates

Learn however you need to, just make sure you have a habit of doing it. Some like books, videos, blogs, audio or even seminars. It is irrelevant how you learn. It is in fact, an art.

There are plenty of resources from MIT courseware on lots of different topics for FREE.

Just remember that investing in your education and skills has more than 100% return. That degree that put you in debt can also get you out of it. Taking THE SIDE BAR and using its knowledge as an example, by not getting married you will save yourself the financial pain of losing half of everything you have ever earned (AKA working double time in a cubicle for your whole life up until when you got divorced) for around $0!

Remembering - "If you tell the truth, you dont have to remember anything" - Mark Twain

Forget it. This skill is only useful for standardized tests, if you are in school/university learn this shit and ace it.

Otherwise, the Internet/Computers remember infinitely more than you could in a life time.

So what should we do? Take fucking good notes on what you learn by combining different methods. If you forget something or need to clarify just CTRL+F dude.

Self evaluation - “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

Back to journaling. Do it every day. Take an 80/20 of the positives and negatives that you did today. Reduce the negatives and increase the positives over time. Go back to habit formation and create new behaviours to reduce or increase what you are aiming for.

Some times we forget What to ask the person in the Mirror. After all, what got you here wont get you there.

Achievement and its flaws

Success - "Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do" - Pele

So you have done the work, and achieved your small goal. What next? keep going, start a new goal?

Sure you can and you should create longer and harder goals to setup your life.

However, if you take it too far will it create fulfilment? Nope. The worst thing you can do is place achievement above your fulfillment. Your awards in the form of trophies are materialistic, it is validation from others, not validation from yourself. Avoid the mid-life crisis.

TLDR:Crush monk mode.

"Here is your final lesson - Do not commit the crime for which you now serve the sentence. God said, Vengance is mine" -Abbe Faria

"I don't believe in god" - Emond Dantes

"It doesn't matter. He believes in you." -Abbe Faria