I worked at a coffee shop for a little while and it is known for being very pricey. I just had a fond memory of it.

One day, it's the afternoon and it's dead and some chick in her early 30's and her BF walk-in. She's blonde, kinda hot, more meh than anything, approaching the wall hard. But the way she wore her make-up made it seem like she'd taken a couple rides around the carousel. Her BF was the quiet type, and just sat their while she ordered some lavish drinks, lattes, that go for around 7-8 bucks from what I remember.

I get to making their drinks when I hear her talking low to her boyfriend.

"This place is so expensive." mutters "Watch, I'll get them discounted."

My back was facing them as I made their coffee.

So I finish making the coffee and we approach the register simultaneously, me with coffee, her with a welcoming smile. I ring her up to something around 16$. Then she smiles, cocks her head at me, and says:

"Don't you think there's some sort of discount you can enter in? You know, for valued customers?" And then she winked at me.

I knew this was going to happen, she should've kept her mouth shut before if she wanted me to even fathom giving her a discount. Her confidence disgusted me, and her nerve for telling her boyfriend she would "get the discount" prompted me to fuck with her a bit.

So, I stop what I'm doing, tilt my chin up high so I'm looking down at her, dead serious. And say the coldest:

"what."

It looked like she had a mini-stroke. She was speechless and surprised to the point where she was half-smiling in shame and red from embarrassment. She paid me the full amount and left, distraught as fuck. Post-wall bitches don't get my discount.