Summary: Older women try to tell a younger girl about reality, she shrugs it off, and the older women laugh because they knew she would.

Body: In my work setting I was observing a couple of older patients, both women in their mid 80's I would say. They were with their nurse in one of the social areas near the entry way to my workplace. The nurse, for her part, was probably pretty hot a few years back, is still relatively good looking, but is approaching the wall.

Grandma #1: What's your husband do for a living?

Nurse: I'm not married yet.

Grandma #1: Why not?

Nurse: Well I have to meet him first...

Grandma #2: How old are you dear?

Nurse: I'll be twenty nine in two months.

Grandma #1 and #2: <Start laughing>

Nurse: What's funny?

Grandma #2: Give up on getting married and focus on being a Nurse. You're too old.

Nurse: <expression on her face says 'Damn woman!'>

Grandma #2: I already had four children by your age. By the time you get married, have kids, and they are older, your going to be almost fifty. I wouldn't want to be chasing after kids at that age.

Grandma #1: And any well off guy is going to want a younger girl. You're just too old for them.

Grandma #2: We used to marry young enough that the man and woman finished growing up together.

Nurse: <Still with the 'oh shit' expression on her face, stammers a bit.>

Grandma #1: Well, my grand daughter didn't want to hear it either.

Both of these old ladies had their fun fucking with the nurse's head, then got wheeled off to the coffee lounge. The nurse starts yapping with one of the other nurses about it in an 'I can't believe they said that' fashion.

Conclusion:

The Grandmas knew what they were talking about from experience, and knew that a younger girl wouldn't want to understand it. Like any woman, though, they enjoy playing games with another woman's mind.

Grandma also had a point about the kids and how waiting to have them later means she's going to be older and trying to keep up with children. Hadn't thought of it in that way before.

Older folks that made it, can be a resource. Man to Man, if an older guy is letting you in on stuff like this at least give it a listen. This girl is going to chalk it up to a couple of old crows, and blow it off because it doesn't fit her fairy tale.