Successful men see their time as valuable, but it can be hard to build positive time management habits without any tools.

The Covey Matrix was developed by the guy who wrote "7 Habits of Highly Effective People". It is well known to increase focus and productivity. You could create a matrix for work, one for personal life, or a combination if your work and personal life overlap.

The matrix is broken into four quadrants. Take out a piece of paper and draw a box. Divide the box into four boxes. Make sure this is placed somewhere you see all the time. Don't make a digital version. It needs to be out in front of you or nearby, all the time.

The top left box is for urgent and important things (pressing tasks at home or work that are important and need to be completed ASAP). The top right box is for non-urgent, but important things (personal development, lifting, etc.) The lower left box is for urgent but not important tasks (things that appear to be worth doing - checking e-mail, for example). The lower right box is the not urgent, not important (example: social media and television, if you do such things).

The benefits of using the Covey Matrix outweigh the time it takes to set up. I choose to plan a week out on mine for personal life, but its possible to do one per day. The increase in motivation to get tasks on the list done is apparent. Many people I have shared this with have commented how it makes them much more productive. Because this sub are all about self-improvement and being more efficient beasts, it is here. Go search for the Covey Matrix online to find out more about it.

TLDR: The Covey Matrix is a useful tool that is worth checking out. It helps increase productivity and could be used in personal or vocational life.