I write this article for two reasons: first, as a reminder that money, power, and an intimidating personality does not make a man Alpha. Occasionally I get the sense that Red Pill men automatically project Alpha traits onto guys who are muscled, wealthy, handsome, powerful, famous, or whatever the case may be - which, of course, is totally fallacious.

Second, as a reminder that hypergamy isn't something that evolved just recently; girls born in 2001 are no different than women born in 1941 (AWALT).

Enter Barry Diller, 76, who has acted as a major player in American media for more than 40 years. Currently he serves as Chairman and controlling shareholder of InterActiveCorp, a media conglomerate that owns (among other things) a majority stake in Match Group - the company that in turn owns a large portfolio of online dating sites, including Tinder. A bit ironic that Diller controls the greatest tool for facilitating hypergamy invented since the Pill.

Diller, worth $3.6 billion, is infamous for his ruthlessness and competitiveness within the business world. His explosive temper is legend, and stories of him bringing employees to tears in the boardroom abound. Many of his proteges, who include the likes of Michael Eisner and Jeffrey Katzenberg, have gone to become major players and billionaires themselves.

Now let's turn to his love life. Diller's wife is Diane Von Furstenberg ('DVF'), 71, who is best known for her work in fashion. Born a total nobody, she rocketed to international fame when she married Prince Egon von Furstenberg, a wealthy German aristocrat. Perhaps it should not come as any surprise that she was pregnant at the time of the marriage; the couple separated after three years.

At this point, though, young DVF had already ingratiated herself with high society and no longer needed her Prince. Using her newfound connections, she launched a fashion empire - and also embarked on an adventure of unadulterated hypergamy:

Diane has always had an open mind about sexuality. In her younger days, she experimented, tossing men left and right. “Zips are a nightmare," she once said. "Haven’t you ever tried to creep out of the room unnoticed the following morning? I’ve done that many times.” Sex was merely expendable titillation. Her track record includes a brief fling with actor Richard Gere, and—among other freely sexual adventures—a South American musician she met in Bali named Paulo, whom she described as handsome and tall, “with a brown beard, a green stone in one earlobe, and a sarong tied around his waist.” - Town and Country, "7 Things You Never Knew About Diane Von Furstenberg", 2017

In the early-1980s she met Diller, already a powerful figure in media as the CEO of Paramount Pictures. In DVF's words:

We met 32 years ago, lived together and fell in love, and then I left him

But Diller never moved on from his deep ONEitis. Here are a few more choice quotes from a 2009 interview DVF gave to Harper's Bazaar (see "Diane von Furstenberg: Unwrapped)

He's more patient, but with me he was always patient. With me he's the same. He just loves me unconditionally.

Of course, we know that no woman can love a man "unconditionally."

You can't explain it. But there's a true commitment. I mean, it was more on his side.

No shit...she fucked around for 20 years while he stood around with his dick in the wind.

I left. And then he was kind of always present.

In other words, he orbited.

And he loves me so much. I can do no wrong

Because nothing a ONEitis does is ever wrong. It is simply rationalized away within the man's elaborate mental denial framework.

Barry knows me very well. My children know me very well. But no one knows me better than I know myself.

In other words, there are sides of herself - probably sexual - that she has not revealed to him, because that is reserved for Alphas.

After keeping Diller in the friend zone for two decades, she finally “ran out of excuses.” It was Barry’s 59th birthday and she threw both him and her children a party (they all happen to be Aquarians.) She didn’t know what to give him, so she generously presented him with what he had been waiting twenty-six years for. “If you want," she told him nonchalantly, "I will marry you for your birthday.”*

I kid you not; these words actually came out of her mouth. Now I've seen some arrogant shit posted on these forums, but this just about takes the cake. I don't think I even need to discuss just how badly Diller blew his hard-won chips here.

I really encourage you all to read her interviews. It's extremely fascinating and visceral stuff from a RP perspective.

​