How are you doing? I will cut to the chase.

Opening up to a woman is one of the dumbest things you can do. In my personal opinion it's only a tier lower than taking in a girl that cheated on you.

I was reading a thread on reddit titled "Men who opened up to their SO about their fears and insecurities: How did that work out for you?" It's against the rules to link it so I won't unfortunately.

Those who are familiar with TRP already know what's going down. 90% of the responses were about how the woman left them or cheated on them. Let's begin.

She dumped me. It wasn't right after I told her, but that was when we started to sort of drift apart, and when she ended things she sort of implied that those were the reasons for her doing what she was doing.

Aaand sounds about right.

They drift apart and lose respect for you in my experience. I guess by doing so you shatter that stoic persona. I'm not saying don't share experience with your SO, but never make yourself too vulnerable.

This guy is smart.

And the reply to the one above:

My thoughts exactly. It's unfortunate because normally I am pretty stoic, but I thought that I would need to force myself to be more open in my last relationship if I wanted it to last, which sadly backfired hardcore.

Every time.

She cheated on me 3 weeks later.

Indeed. You are supposed to be a rock that can weather any storm. When you take a hammer out in front of her and show how easy you break she'll wonder if she can find a better rock.

She moved out, now I have my kids 2 nights a week, can't afford my utilities and my depression is beating me.

Jesus Christ of Nazreth.

She suddenly had doubts about us and wanted 'space'. Then used said Space to line up another guy.

Sounds about right.

Bad in almost every instance, but those were either a long time ago or not serious girlfriends in the first place.

Yeah..

I just opened up a few weeks ago to my current girlfriend. So far, while my emotional health has declined, my girlfriend says she just loves me more for it.

This dude still hasn't learned his lesson. I wonder how long until she leaves or needs "space," truly amazing that he actually believes that she "loves him more for it.' Only a matter of weeks until she fucks SeƱor Thundercock.

Don't do it fellas. Don't you ever fucking open up to a woman. It kills attraction, makes her question you at every turn, and destroys your frame.

If she thinks you have a ton of hot bitches in your circle, would you go "no I actually don't haha, all my friends are guys" and pull out your texts and show her you only talk to guys? She would feel more secure but her panties would dry up like the Sahara. Opening up is the same thing. Why would you show her you're broken when she thinks you're a unmovable rock?

If you need emotional support, consult a close trusted male friend. True brotherhood is out there.

Don't ever, ever do it. It won't work out.

Hope you're having a good night, take care of yourself.