TLDR Betas mateguard, Alphas disregard

There is a sad fucker who posted to askMRP yesterday. The guy snooped his wife's Facebook and saw some musclehead from the gym looking to "workout" with his wife. He confronted the guy and it blew up in his face.

I don't want to dwell on the OP and how he is crying himself to sleep with her wedding ring stashed in his mommy's safe. I'm not insensitive to the plight of Uberbetas (like yours truly several years ago), I just feel inspired by the sad tale to explain the proper way to mateguard.

YOU DON'T DO IT

Again:

Don't Mate guard

We talk alot at TRP about abundance and how women are innately attracted to a sturdy, non-needy frame. There is nothing that exemplifies needy like jealousy.

When you show your woman jealousy, you are covertly communicating that you are not the best she can do. It's pouring gasoline on the fires of hypergamy. You WILL be cheated on or lose that bitch.

So....CAD...how did you deal with a recent situation where Mrs CAD had tingles for her old boss Geoff?

I bit my lip and fought off the internal pain of "why does she want to go for drinks with hiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmm". I teased her mercilessly about her "fallback guy" and how cute it was that she had a puppylove crush. Said he was a super sweet guy and she should explore her opportunities. She fucking hated the overt talk about her "group outing" that I correctly relabeled a "drinks date with plausible deniability."

And she really hated my smug attitude about it.

She wanted me to quietly accept it (Fail!...Do not pass go.) Or create some delicious drama and out myself as a weak envious faggot.

Either way is express train to Cucksville.

No, instead... You dispassionately set some rules and enforce them.

Want to see your ex boyfriends? That's cool, I'll start seeing other people too.

Wanna workout with StealYourBitch Jones from the gym? I'll see that and raise by having three hour lunch with Jodi from marketing. The one you know wants my D..yup...her.

Who cares if she pouts and huffs and puffs that you are a "controlling asshole"?

If she thinks she can walk all over you...this relationship is doomed anyway.

Summary: She ain't yours, it's just your turn so don't mateguard and it will probably work out fine.