Not nearly as interesting of a story, but made me think. I work nightshifts at a hotel, as FO administrator.

Some lady came from the hotel bar to the front desk, she looked to be in her fifties.

From her alcohol reeking breath, she asked to get a room for her and her husband (who was still at the bar or somewhere else, IDK). I offered her a good price, since it was almost midnight, the hotel was nearly empty and she just needed the room till morning. She was very happy and thankful about my offer and started to fill my ears up about random shit, as if I was an old friend while I was proceeding with the check-in process.

At one point, she mentioned that she has been married to her husband for 30+ years, they knew each other from the first grade, it's his birthday and she took the room as a spontaneous surprise for him. Jokingly, I said:

"Wow, 30+ years huh? You must be sick and tired of each other by now"

She retorted in a half-joking way - "Oh yeah, but I'm 50 already so no one else would want to fuck me anyway",

her drunk smile was still there after she said that, but it was noticeably faded out. Also keep in mind - I'm paraphrasing, since I'm not from the US and speak a different language, but the meaning is the same.

Before TRP, I would just assume she was being funny, but there is always some truth in every single joke. She would branch swing if she could, but she can't jump as high in her age, so she is forever stuck on this one branch. Was she actually searching for sympathy by telling me this, slightly out of place comment? Seems like the perfect blue-pill tradcon story - one man one woman, together from early to ripe old age, yet she sounded very regretful about the whole thing.

"Here are the keys to your room, enjoy your stay"

After a couple of minutes, saw the couple stumble into, both drunk, and disappear into the elevator.