The average person doesn't live to be 80 years old. But for the sake of optimism, we're gonna use 80 years as our deadline (no pun intended).

​

School = 18 years. By the time you get the freedom to choose how your life plays out, you've already been forced to waste nearly 25% of your life.

I don't know about you, but I've learned absolutely nothing useful in school. I've yet to need to know about history, math (cuz calculators exist now), social studies (not actually about social stuff, but about government history, for any curious non-American readers), black history (a newer topic, focused on instilling the black victim mentality in young black students), English, or any of the other classes I've often opted to sleep through.

/rant.

​

​

Work | Lets crunch the numbers, so you can see I'm not bullshitting.

​

Sleep: 8 hours (the shortest amount you can get while still remaining useful.)

Work: 8 Hours, usually.

Travel Time To & From Work: 1 hour.

Time spent eating throughout the day: 2 hours.

Time in 1 day: 24 hours.

Let's assume you have no obligations during the weekends.

There are 52 weekends in 1 year

​

8 + 8 + 1 +2 = 19.

24 - 19 = 5.

​

You get 5 hours of every day to live how you wish.

​

5 * 365 = 1,825 (hours)

1,825 / 24 = 76 (Days)

76 + 52 = 128 (Days)

​

​

So out of every year, you get 128 days to actually live. To put that into perspective, that's only 35%.

​

​

18 years gone, 62 left. Clocks ticking.

​

128 * 62 = 3844 (Days)

3844 / 365 = 10.5 (Years)

​

So out of the 80 years you've got to live, you only get to spend 10 actually living.

​

To put that into perspective, that's a whopping 12.5% of your lifespan. The other 87.5% is spent making the freedom of another man possible.

​

​

​

​

​

Still wanna be a sheep?