As a young buck in his mid 20s, I'm seeing more and more of my peers getting engaged or tying the knot. Per usual, social media platforms are the relied upon methods by these couples (read: girls) to get the news across. In most of the posts are either pictures of the engagement ring or the wedding dress or other ceremonial nonsense with herds of womyn congratulating the recently engaged or wed (read: jealous that they don't have what the other woman has). We can also see this obsession with fantasy weddings on television shows like Say Yes to the Dress among others.

What struck resonance with me was the overwhelming sense that these fantasy weddings and exciting engagement announcements were marketed for women by women. Never mind the fact that a lifetime commitment (read: 5-8 years) was about to be forged.

I strongly believe that most women lack the fundamental ability to look past the gaud of their fantasy weddings and honeymoons and the influx of praise and attention they receive from their peers at their announcements and ceremonies and this lack of foresight leads to a declining marriage (read: not haaaapy anymore).

This concept also gives credence to the notion of: She doesn't love you, she loves the idea of you. She loves the tingles her fantasy wedding gives her. Gentlemen, if you must marry, find a girl who couldn't give a shit less about the gaud and showiness that will cost 99% of men tens of thousands of dollars.