It's frequently been mentioned in this sub that sales is an extremely red-pill career path. As someone who's worked in sales for awhile, I'll briefly drop concepts in sales that I found wildly helpful in the world of dating and sex. I'll try to keep this as concise as possible.

Note 1 - Have a Good Product

Pretty self explanatory. If you have a shitty product(you) it will infinitely be harder to close(sex). You can still sell a shitty product, but in the world of sales that creates alot of churn (one time sales/one night stands) and you'll constantly be looking for the next sucker instead of creating repeat business (plates).

With that being said, you don't need a perfect product. Just "Good enough". If you're fit enough (other people should compliment your physique), move on to something else like social skills (I'm looking at you, /fit/).

Don't believe me? Look at the code for most software products. You'll see traces of spaghetti everywhere but the damn thing works and solves a business purpose. Or look at large businesses - alot of fat that can be trimmed but it's profitable so who cares.

Note 2 - Have a Good Pipeline

Salesmen work on quotas. Every 3 months, I have to sell X amount of product or I don't get my full salary. A commonly agreed truth among sales professionals is that pipeline is 40-50% of the business. Pipeline is basically a route from open to close in a sale. When meeting a client for the first time, if they express interest in your product, you can add them to the beginning of your pipeline. During a negotiation, the client could be somewhere towards the middle.

Apply that to your dating life. If you have 4 girls in the pipeline (Maybe 2 you just opened, 2 you're closing soon) it will be much harder to fail than just focusing all your effort on 1 girl. Maybe you drop the ball with 1 girl, and maybe the second becomes a lesbian halfway through your interactions. Shit happens. I personally run a 4x dating pipeline (talking to/dating 4 girls at once). This naturally creates abundance mentality.

Note 3 - Close Rate can Compete With Pipeline

If you have a average close rate (like me), 4-6x will be good for you. If you have a high close rate (naturals/chads), maybe a 2x will be sufficient. There is no universal rule on how your pipeline should be managed, there are only recommendations and over time with effort you will find out how many girls you should be talking to at once. Feel free to adjust as your business needs change.

Note 4 - Thick Skin

Most beginner sales reps start off in a inside sales role. In my area they have to make anywhere between 50-150 calls a day on clients. Clients will tell you to fuck off. Clients will sometimes hate your company. Clients will sometimes hate salespeople. You have to put 100% in each interaction for maximum success. "Have the memory of a goldfish" is a quote used by a famous sales trainer.

Apply that to daygame/nightgame. If you get blown off by a girl try your best to not let the negative experience of that interaction leak into how you interact with the next girl. It gets easier over time. Just push. I personally had to do 85 calls a day. If someone picked up, I sent them to a field salesman. My quota every month was 3 closed deals. That's about 2500 opens for 3 closes.

Note 5 - Stop Selling

Pretty straightforward here's an example. I have a client interested in a $30MM product. I heard from their IT department that they need $5M in upgrades but that's out of the scope of the original contract. During signing day knowing nothing else I would rather get a $30MM signature than risk more delays for a $35MM signature.

You have to know when to stop selling. A good example of this application in dating is Tinder. Build the rapport, build the attraction, then go for the number. Too much banter she will lose interest and see you as a dancing monkey. With time, you will figure out when and how to do this more comfortably. Just keep trying.

Note 6 - Low Hanging Fruit

New field sales reps are usually given a couple hundred accounts to put all of their focus in, and then told their quota. It's important to gauge your territory, your industry, and find the accounts that could give you the highest return for the most minimal investment.

Apply that to dating. If I had limited time, I'd choose a 7 who's easy to talk to over a 9 who's got the personality of a brick. Unless I really wanted to fuck the 9.

A wider application goes to developing the product (you). 1 hour at a gym 3 times a week (3 hours total) will bring in significantly higher returns than a 40 hour Photoshop course that you use to make your tinder pictures look better.

Note 7 - Compete When Necessary

This is something new, hungry reps fuck up. Let's say there's 2 deals to work on. One's a software deal, but you're competing with Microsoft and Google. Potential Payout 500k. The second is a IT Outsourcing deal, but you are competing with a shit tier company that fails its clients alot. Potential Payout 200k. Your quota is 100k.

It's common knowledge that guys have to compete for the hottest chicks but always competing is going to tire you out over time and lower your win-rate. In a sense, you are always competing for girls. But if you can choose between two attractive girls, and one is surrounded by chads while the other only has a few orbiters, which one are you more likely to close?

Note 8 - Invest in Yourself/Balance

The cheesiest tip, but keeping a balance between R&D(investing in yourself) and Sales(women) will keep you balanced and grounded. Date yourself every once in a while, try a new hairstyle, try new clothing, new workouts, etc. I have seen guys in TRP (but mostly pua/seddit) get absorbed with investing in others (women) and live loser lifestyles with high lays.

For a wider application, let's maybe say relationships, financials, and health are important to you (they are for most). Too many guys in this shit put way too much into relationships, and only one subsegment, sex. If you care about sex that much I would argue to just find a high paying job (such as sales) and pay 200-400 for a hooker every day for the rest of your life. Average enterprise reps made 200k last year, a hooker every day would cost about 110k. There are probably even more efficient ways of getting sex.

It's important to cultivate family and friend relationships too.

Note 9 - Health

Alot of guys in high pressure industries are strung out on coke, addy, coffee (wears out your adrenal gland), and frequent travel (so they eat alot of junk food). If you're in shit health probably fix that first because nothing will matter when you look like you're 60 at 40. (Unless you have fuck you money).

If you need a boost find something that works for you. I have a friend who does caffeine on 8 weeks off 4 weeks. I usually don't touch it. Again, find what works for you.

Note 10 - Addiction to Success

Ask any salesperson there's nothing like the rush when the contract gets signed. But the 200 calls you make to get to that point are unrewarding and dull. During your low days, visualizing what success will look like for you and your life is a great method to get you through. Time is always ticking. If not for a quota, you only have 20-30 years of youth to use.

Close

It's a grind, but it gets easier as long as you don't give up.

Good luck, and good selling.

EDIT: One last note - feel free to disagree with any points mentioned here. Like in sales, the only thing that matters is results. If 7/10 of them help you but you still get great results more power to you. Only results matter and I'm just sharing my perspective.