TL;DR: My failed attempt to fix a bp friend. I try to give advice to my bp friend that was crying over his gf that broke up with him, and I end up getting dissed by the entire group of friends.

Backstory

I have been lurking for quite some time now and I can say that being unplugged has changed my life for the better.

I was in this group of 6 other guys for 3 years. BP me used to think they were my friends because we were having fun together, and maybe they were.

Recently one of them got a girlfriend. She is a 2/10 in all honesty. Obese with a disgusting personality. But he was very desperate for a girlfriend. Somehow he found out she likes his looks (through one of her friends). AFAIK they dated 4 times before she made the move on him (guess she was pretty desperate as well). And he was so happy for finally getting a girlfriend.

The breakup

Before I start, let me add that they haven't had sex. Apparently they talked about it. She said that she didn't want to have sex with him because "she may like it so much, that she will want to cheat on him". Needless to say, he bought it. (she claims to be a virgin)

From day 1 of getting with her, he was always thinking about her 24/7. Texting her even when we were in the movie theatre, while the movie is playing.

What's funny was that I pointed out all the red flags she gave him and how giving her so much attention was counter-productive but he told me that my point of view was the reason why no woman will ever "truly love me". Fair enough.

Then one day, she texts him something along the lines of "we need to talk". His mood immediately hops from his usual "Look at me I have a fat desperate girlfriend that doesn't wanna fuck me, I'm so proud" to depression. He says he has to go home early.

Next day, we all go to hang out to some coffee shop. He starts talking about how she told him she "was stressed by school" and "can't do this anymore" and how she needs a break. All while he has tears in his eyes. He said that he removed her Messenger nickname (and some other attention seeking behaviors, that clearly didn't work even with a 2/10 like her).

The boiling point

I tell him how I thought what he did was attention seeking, he was giving her all the power, that he shouldn't have been doing so many favors for her (he was walking her home from school every day, and it's a 20 extra minutes of walk btw), that he should've just ghosted her after she said that, and how I told him so.

I get called all sorts of names from my BP friends. He loudly says how he loved her (the 2/10 girl that was using him for validation, because she finally found someone as desperate as her) and that I know nothing about love or their situation. Not one of them agrees with my POV, so I just leave.

I'm currently ghosting those friends, not responding to any messages or calls. I really tried to help them and I get treated with no respect.

Conclusion

You can't force your views on someone. Blue pilled desperate betas will remain just that. You can't force them to change. They have to want to change. Talking about trp with them is just going to lead you into arguments. They aren't worth your advice or time.