Prob will think I’m overreacting because I’m a teenager, but whatever. Here’s what I have to say about my blue pill Dad. Let me know what you guys think.

I’m 17, and I’m realizing my dad has some real beta traits. I respect my dad because he’s a real hard working business man and makes a lot of sacrifices for me and my family.

Everyone outside my family loves my dad. We go out in public and almost every time someone he knows comes up to him and talks. Adults have came up to me that I’ve never seen saying “tell your dad I said hi.” He’s a leader in his company but it baffles me because when he comes home he is just a beta cuck. everyone loves him except my family.

My dad is a completely different man when he comes home. He’s never had a strong paternal relationship with me or any of my siblings. Never served as a mentor to us, always took the back seat and let my mom raise us.

First off, I can’t even have a conversation with him. He’s so unapproachable and hard to talk to I don’t even try. He doesn’t even try to talk to me either. Just tries to make small talk like “how was school” then shuts up. I can never have a deep interesting conversation with him or anything like that. When I try to talk to him he usually complains about something. We both enjoy basketball so we talk about that when we’re watching, but other then that, he’s just negative.

My brother, on the other hand is the most alpha dude I know. Hes 30 n i go over his house every weekend. We joke around like buddies, but we have deep talks about success, girls, college, stuff like that. He gives me more advice than my dad ever has. My dad will just say to me “you’re a good kid but your lazy”. I think part of the reason my brother looks out for me so much is because he hated my dad growing up for the same reasons, and he looks to be kind of a father figure. (Him and my dad get along fine he comes over every weekend but I know he hated my dad when he was in high school)

Me and my dad have had one heart to heart talk to me that I can remember. I was feeling bad because I was getting bad grades. He lifted my spirits up by telling me I have good leadership traits, etc etc. I respect that he had that talk with me, but we haven’t really connected beyond that. Even when I do talk to him it feels just awkward. He should just talk to me like I’m his buddy. I feel like I still have to watch my mouth when I’m around him or he’ll get butt hurt or some shit. I can’t even act myself around him.

He gets bitched over by every member in my household. My sister is on welfare, living in a shelter, and my mom let’s her come every weekend. My dad and her have some real serious beef from the past and they do not even talk to each other when she’s home. He hates having her around and he always complains to me when she’s coming over, yet he takes no action. Just lays on his recliner while watching the shows she and my mom pick.

The fact that he has no interests and just sits around and gets bitched over makes me think he is depressed or a just pussy. Might just be because he’s older (58). But I look at my brother and see he’s guy who’s life is full of excitement and hobbies. Makes me wonder why my dad can’t be the same way.

Heseems to have no interest in raising me into a man. I’m really not sure how to approach this situation because Idk where I’d start. I try and communicate with him but we never have meaningful conversations. Don’t think he knows how to have a good relationship with his kids. It amazes me. Like we were all raised to abide by the rules in the house and none of us could ever disagree or we’d get yelled at. For example he Makes me go to church every weekend. He knows I’m not that holy, so I said to him what’s the point of FORCING me to go to church. I should go because I want to go and pray not because I have to. He just responded by breaking frame getting mad at me and yelling something about God. Wonder how he’s so successful in business when he Breaks his frame as much as he does. Makes me feel like I never have a say in anything ever. Everything he’s done To raise his kids I will do the opposite.

I think I’ve learned to be quiet from the way he he acts at home. I’m an average dude at social events and quiet at home. My dad is the popular guy at every social event. Everyone knows and likes talking to my dad. My brother is like him at social events too. He’s the alpha male at every family party and is genuinely friendly with everyone. I’ve even had teachers ask me how he’s doing, when he graduated from my school 12 years ago lol. The point of this paragraph is that I don’t understand How everyone loves him in public but not in my family. Makes me think he either doesn’t care or he’s putting on a show.

I am really happy I have my brother to turn to when I need advice or a good talk though.

Any advice on how to deal with my dad would really be appreciated. I’m open to hear anything.

EDIT: grammar