"I have a boyfriend."

If you've been good boys and actually gone out hunting using your TRP knowledge, no doubt you'll have heard this line. Ad infinitum. Every day some variation gets posted over in asktrp. It DOESN'T matter. That combination of words should have absolutely no bearing on your behaviour. Zero impact. Keep doing what you were doing.

Sad beta boys take it as, "politely fuck off." Do not let yourself shoot yourself in the foot like this. Don't "assume" that this phrase means what you think it is. You aren't very good at translating womanese. Stop assuming you are. Tripping over your own dick, taking yourself out of the game. Proving you are Pareto's lower 80%.

Every woman worth opening has a long list of BF's, potential BF's, BFF's, orbiters, FWB's, etc., all jostling to get to the front of her stage. All the damn time. You should actually be concerned if a hot girl is "single". If you want to get into the mix, why would you be content with a spot up in the nosebleed section? Stand up. Be noticeable. Know that you are a much higher SMV prize than any Schrodinger's boyfriend she might have.

As your awareness and SMV rise, in response, the volume of IHABF you receive will drop significantly.

Why do women say it, then?

1 - Who cares? Watch their actions, don't listen to the words.

2 - It's often clarifying to add "right now" onto the end of every sentence that emanates from the female mind, the hamster and "feels before reals" rationalization is strong.

3 - It works. They notice that weak little creepy guys automaticallly bro-knight/whiteknight, tuck tail and go away. Which is what they want weak little creepy guys to do.

4 - A conditioned response to being hit on on the street.

5 - It just might mean, "Politely fuck off." Calibrate.

It's a shit test. Nothing more, nothing less. Treat it as such.

Read Chateau Heartiste's Guide on how to pass this test to your benefit regarding qualifying versus disqualifying responses.

You can't "steal" a girl anymore than you can negotiate attraction. It's always up to her whether she'll choose you. Does this have a reflection on her morals if she'll cheat on a boyfriend? Sure, that's part of the vetting process. But she chooses to alter her relationship status when it meshes with her own hypergamy...i.e. branch swinging. Be the higher branch. Be aware that most women hesitate to let go of their former branch before grabbing onto the newer better one.

Don't hate the players or the game. Use your knowledge of the game board to your advantage.

Personally, I'm a fan of acting like I didn't even hear it and carrying on, but here are some responses.....

He can join in too.

That's great, no one cares.

Perfect. I'm married and have 6 kids.

Are you happy?

Relax, who said I was hitting on you?

I have a girlfriend. Double-date?

Cool.

Excellent, when’s the wedding?

You're an independent girl, right?

"Yawn."

Do I look like Dr. Phil? I don’t want to hear about your problems.

I'll bring you back home in time for him to tuck you in.

You look like the type of girl that can handle two.

You need his permission to talk to people?

I don’t care.

I guess my place it is then.

I have an English test tomorrow. Oh wait, I thought we were listing things we will cheat on.

Tell him to quit cockblocking.

Me too. But mine lets me talk to other people without getting angry and jealous.

He's gonna be pretty sad when you dump him for me.

Don't get ahead of yourself, this is only the first time we have met.

I didn't ask if you had a BF, I asked for your number.

How long have you had this problem?

I have a girlfriend, so at least we're on the same page.

Does this smell like chloroform to you?

Thats fine, I can be your man-friend.

Just because there's a goalie doesn't mean I can't score.

That's surprising.

That's fine, he can watch if he likes.

Only one?

Me too, but he doesn't know I'm straight so this will have to be our secret.

What's that have to do with me?

That's fine, you could use an upgrade.

Thousands more on the Goog.