I had an incident this past weekend that made me realize that I really can't afford to have people IRL know that I'm a RPW. As some of you may know I recently posted a photo of my painting in Dana's 'what are you making' weekly thread. Someone decided to investigate the image I posted and found it's exact likeness on another website, called me a thief and linked directly to the website which contained the same painting.

Now I don't know about any of you but I found that completely unnecessary to begin with and the person could have at least confronted me in private first but I digress, the website she linked to was my account under another alias. It panicked me though, I didn't know what to do because I'm an established artist both commercially and in the fine arts, taking commissions from several websites. The link could have been easily traced to some personal information that I use for selling my art and taking commissions (emails etc). What got me the most was knowing I could not afford the trouble of having people in real life associate me with TRP.

I know I over dramatized the whole ordeal because I had taken down my personal art website a few months ago as I'm unable to take commissions until we move again but I had completely forgotten about the few art sites my kids had me join with them. All I imagined was all these Bluepillers contacting my art studio either bashing me or trying to save me from myself! I do have mild anxiety issues and don't deal well with adrenaline rushes, lol.

It was my fault entirely for not thinking about how my images could be linked to my real life identity but it also made me think about how alienated I feel for being a RPW IRL. I should really have paid closer attention to this If you haven't read it yet, read it now and know that yes we can be targeted just because we're RPW. The comments on this post was what fueled my panic this weekend. Make sure you don't make the same mistake I made, it wasn't the end of the world and it's fine now but it showed me how easy it is for a simple oversight to potentially become unpleasant.

So I've been contemplating what happened these past few days and I feel it quite disquieting that because I place my husband first and try to improve myself daily in order to maintain a good relationship that this concept cannot be accepted or even tolerated and would damage my reputation.

Have you had any similar experiences or felt this way? I thought about it for a few days now and I just can't see any way around it. Other than here at RPW I can't reveal that I'm a RPW without suffering from ill consequences, in general. It really kind of bummed me out.