I'm not opposed to plating girls, but I am looking for an LTR if the right girl comes along. It's inevitable that at some point the conversation of what I do for a living is going to come up.

I am an engineer. I don't want to lie about what I do for a living, but at the same time I can't help but think that when she hears the word "engineer" I'm going to see ($) ($) in her eyes like a cartoon character.

It's not that I'm worried about her pigeonholing me as a BB because I have enough Alpha tendencies (especially after discovering TRP really brought it into focus), but I'm moreso worried about money being a factor in her decision to be in a LTR with me. I figure that no girl can be turned on in a LTR with a guy who makes less than she does, because then she feels like she's his mom which is obviously a turnoff for her. And obviously I don't want her to think that I make way more than she does either.

Is the best way for me to handle this to estimate how much she makes and then straight up say a number that is slightly higher than her income? Any better solution?