This is not a question about women, rather self-development and fatherlike advice, if you will, from men who have passed through a similar experience. I hope this helps young guys like me too.

​

To give context:

I am 18 years old and have been living in Peru (third world country) for all my life. Thankfully, life has given me great cards as:

1. Having english as my second language, Spanish being my first
  2. Being an Australian Citizen
  3. Very independent, know how to cook, clean and manage a budget
  4. I could say I am emotionally prepared to live alone
  5. I am physically fit, can play soccer really well, and mantain a strict diet with a running routine.
  6. Decent looking but 5 ft 8
  7. Experience with entreprenuership and as a sales guy.

I just want advice on what step to take given that,

1. I plan on going to college and getting a business degree only to use it as a tool when I become self-employed
  2. I will work full time this year and possibly start college in 2020.
  3. I will be on my own and have to care for myself in money and time
  4. I am currently reading the SIDEBAR, and try to finish it, knowing how different Western Women are from women of developing countries.
  5. I have some doubts with college, as many claim is a scam and I´m aware I´m going to end with at least $30 000 in student loan.
  6. My other goal is to become Formula 1 driver, but the dream seems highly unlikely with the salary I will get and student debt on my ass.

​

The decision of moving from one continent to another is a complicated story. Basically, my father got bankrupt and can only support my youngest siblings.Furthermore, I actually won a full scholarship to study Economics here, but I let my circumstances overwhelm me and lost it. It was hard, but ultimately turned for options and this came in.

It will be a crazy experience moving to another culture, country, and society you´ve never encountered before. I am not mad at my father, nor sad because this is life giving me a second chance. However, I have my doubts with college.

Is it really a scam where you can learn all those skills by buying books and learning by yourself?

Also, how crazy am I to think of becoming a Formula 1 Driver?

I´m just starting my own life and getting out of my comfort zone. I know that my decisions will shape my future, and it scares me as well as motivates the hell out of me.

​

If you were in my position what would you do? What essential advice would you give me?

​

​

​