I know, it’s 2019, it’s absolutely insane that someone like me doesn’t have a phone. I have justification though - im completely financially independent and left my already broke family (domestic abuse which led to pretty bad cptsd).

A bit about me: I’m currently at a Top 15 University in the US and I’m covering 100% of my financial expenses through work, aid, and loans. I was severely dissociated, depersonalized, depressed, and pretty much in a constant state of anxiety, hyper-vigilance, and fatigue since junior year of high school, but I’m climbing out of it through EMDR. I have a lot of trauma to work through so I’m taking it slow, but I realized that a lot of shit in my life was fucked up so I decided to dedicate myself to self improvement. I was also bullied pretty badly, so I more or less didn’t have any self esteem at all, my thoughts were always racing and I was a complete beta male who stressed way too much about others. Educating myself on red pill philosophy is a part of this improvement journey.

In my situation, getting a phone and paying for a service would be hard as fuck because I don’t get paid great - I’d probably have to work an extra few hours a week which is tough in my situation. I was in a social setting last week, where a girl asked for my number. I told her I don’t have a phone service, and one of the dudes there started shitting on me and put me on the spot. And now that I think about it, not having a phone in the future would really fuck up my game.

Just looking for advice on anything in this post. Thanks!