I'm a seasoned red piller.

I am and want to be (close to) amog in most of my close circles, being a leader and not a tyrant. However there is one guy who is very high in dominance, low in friendliness/agreeableness, he's quite judgmental, loud, negative, .. He's also very short (I'm very tall) so it's easy to see why he is that dominant.

But I don't like the way he is. So low in friendliness and that dominant makes me wonder why anyone would like him / follow his dominance. yet people do. Books like 'how to win friend and influence people' are about showing genuine interest, listening, .. summarized being friendly, showing (at least some) agreeableness, .. He has none of it yet can still be very dominant.

I have a hard time ignoring people or judging them (I want to give value to everyone instead of dominating/domineering them) so being as dominant as the other guy is difficult. Yet he is the more dominant and that feels like sometimes he's the amog.

I'm looking for a good piece / advice on how to find the correct balance and avoid the nice guy trap.