So here's what's got my mind in a tangle... This is an EU story keep that in mind.

The nightlife in my city is big. And young. I'm pretty familiar with it, as I've been actively participating in it for like 10 years now. Mainly for the music tbh. Here's what puzzles me.. From what I've learned, at the core of the scene there's like a core group of dudes (22-35).. From the outside they look like lowlifes without a job doing drugs and partying, you know the kind of "badboys". As far as I know they do make some money though, some by DJing, some by organizing nightlife, some by selling drugs, and some doing a little bit of each. But otherwise on regular days jack all. (also some go do manual labor in neighbouring "western" countries where they pay like twice as much as here, then just come back, party, and fuck girls). So basically they do nearly jack shit, and 16-24 year old girls just offer themselves up on a platter, because they're cool and edgy and drugs guuurl. So a lot of their nights results in fucking young drugged up chicks in the ass all night with no effort at all.

Now, I'm debating why I'm even bothering with my lifestyle compared to this. I work more than fulltime, to further my career, to grind for extra money to try to save up for shit like my own place. Always trying to improve myself. Lifting, but after that barely if ever have time to socialize and game, can pull only MAYBE a quarter of girls compared to these guys, and I have to put serious effort into that shit (and again, time..).

Like where's the downside to their lifestyle? Maybe they can't get their own place down the line, but they certainly can stay afloat... And constantly get easy lays, and have way more free time. Why should I bother with my lifestyle, when I could just join them? I'm obviously not in their inner circle, but I know them, however currently as is, I don't offer any value to them. My line of work doesn't link to the night scene, and sometimes even clashes with the schedual of parties and shit, so I can't even attend all these parties.

What am I missing here? What's the downside to their lifestyle?