I don't think I am an ugly guy, but may not be the best looking at times. Especially given some competition. I am not very confident, walking up to women isn't natural to me, I am not fit (average build), but tall, don't make a lot of money, clothing isn't top of the line. Maybe my whole personality needs some construction work. So be that as it may. I have been trying to boost up my game. Mostly it has been online dating and small chats back and forth. The way things go is I'll ask them a few questions, what they do, what are their hobbies, favorite places to go visit, foods, music, the whole nine. Then I'll start describing things I like, music, programming, rock-climbing, cars. Things like this. Then about 5 minutes into chit chatting I will ask if they want to go out on a date with me. If it might help I may even post the chat-logs for tips on what I am doing right or wrong. Gauging from the responses so far, it's been a lot more push back from them than pulling me in, which I know should be expected, it's a numbers game. It's just I think I am coming on too strong. I am not developing a rapport. I am just doing the idle chit-chat and then going straight to, "Hey would you like to go out on a date sometime?". I've gotten some odd responses like "Why me?" and "I think I am busy" or things like "Can I bring my friend". I literally asked one girl why she wasn't interested in dating and she said "Why date you?" that sorta stung. Went flashback beta and starting telling her reasons why...ugh. Maybe my SMV isn't all that high. And maybe the girls I am going for are too high, or I am going into the date questions too fast (~5min) after introduction. I say I'd like to get to know them, think they are beautiful. Yeah I am new to TRP and game. Just don't know what I should adjust or throw out. Is there a scaffolding somewhere that I can start basing my game and approach on, going at it free-style is killin' me. I got some beta stuff floating around for sure. I need to do some Spring cleaning and boost my SMV and game. As a side my cold-approaches irl have been stiff, girls always give me the "please get away from me look". I just want to fix this and stop failing so hard.

Thanks