I have multiple plates, but have become emotionally invested in one. I know this is a mistake.

Plate and I planned a trip this thanksgiving to nearby state (we paid for our own flights). It was a all good until a weekend in October when she went to Chicago and I Miami. I was at Miami with an old plate, and she was on a “girls trip”. Didn’t think much of it, none of my business.

After our respective trips, the intensity of our communication changed. We’d barely get together. 2 weeks pass and we’re just texting nothing more. I call her once just to chat and set up a date. Date falls through. Despite this she keeps on texting me, with no follow up or reschedule for the date from her part. I decide to remove my attention and soft next her. She noticed I was ignoring her and tried to reach out. I persisted and focused on other plates.

Now I have a dilemma. I know I made a mistake organizing a thanksgiving trip so far in advance. Since we’re cold on each other, it seems weird to go through with it, even though I’d love to . Also, Ive developed affection for this plate - prior to everything she was treating me rather well (gifts, sex, cooking).

How can I reduce my emotional investment in this plate? Should I cancel travel plans? …how can i get my frame back?

Thanks for reading