I was falsely accused of rape by my ex during high school. She spread false rumors, and no police report was ever filed. Everything seemed fine because everyone knew her lies were outrageous, and only a few people ever mentioned it to me. It wasn't until after graduating that I start seeing the real effects of false accusations.

1. While waiting for the bus, a girl from my high school recognized me and starting screaming "rapist". A few random guys nearby started to stare at me with anger. While yelling back at her and denying it, a larger guy grabbed me from behind and was positioning to throw me into incoming traffic. Luckily bystanders read the situation, and yelled at the guy to let me go.
  2. Another time in the bus (public), an ex schoolmate yelled rapist at me, etc. I argued with him and it was about to get physical. We were ready to fight and got more aggressive. He eventually backed down, maybe because he knew I had some mma training since high school. He apologized, but I could feel the awkward silence and stares at me for the whole ride.
  3. I was dating a girl (not from my neighborhood) for a few weeks until she somehow found out about these accusations. While talking about it at a park, I calmly explained to her it was completely untrue. She didn't care, and went hysterical. She went around shouting rapist to everyone nearby. A couple of guys nearby tried to attack me. I have some mma training so was able defend myself for a few seconds. Fortunately for me, cops were nearby and the attackers stopped. Later on, I found out that another guy pulled out a knife.

There were a few other incidents too. It was always with ex schoolmates who had no problem with me during high school, but had a change of heart after graduation? I finally have enough savings to move away from my town. I'm just worried that the rumors will somehow spread to wherever I go. My mma training saved me a little in situation 3 and 2, but I'm still a small guy. If it weren't for the bystanders or cops in situation 1 or 3, it could have ended very bad for me. Any advice on how to handle those situations in the future? Thanks