https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oVyQGmD3d8

​

For those that don't know: She is Bret Weinstein's wife and I believe (could be wrong) that they both taught evolutionary biology. I'd like us to discuss what she says here.

​

At about 17 minutes, she mentions how young women constantly have eyes on them. We know this--women are the selectors and young women especially have all the power in the sexual marketplace, therefore they could always be looking for the better option to improve their lot in life--aka hypergamy. This isn't news. I just thought it was nice to hear coming from someone who specializes in the field.

​

She then offers a counterpoint I found interesting: Yes, that is the biological inclination of women, but similarly, the biological inclination of men is to mate with youngest, curviest, most fertile pretty thing they can find, and once their offspring from one woman has been raised to some level of independence, it's off to find the next, most nubile 20-year old.

​

"Do both of those things happen? They do. Is it everyone? No. Is it a risk? Yes. Does it warrant the idea that this is what all women do? No. Are all men going to abandon their wives at the point that they aren't young things anymore? No, they're not. And most men don't. And most women don't."

​

Here's what I want to discuss. She is basically saying AWALT (and AMALT), but that it just doesn't happen that often. Essentially: MGTOWers and TRPers are of course on to something, but we're blowing it out of proportion. Fair enough.

I imagine we'd say this: That young women are now raised in a society where they're told explicitly not just by media and an entire movement revolving around them, but by their sisters, mothers and friends that they should spend their most fertile years gallavanting around, riding the cock carousel, having "fun" and experimenting. This, as we've seen reported many times, has led to actual decrease in happiness and when a woman decides to get married, she will inevitably be more dissatisfied with the marriage than if she hadn't decided to slut it up. And where does it go from there?

We also know 80% of divorces are initiated by women and gee, I wonder why? There could be many reasons for the dissatisfaction. Maybe they settled down with a beta bux and miss the Chads they had in their glory days. Maybe it's because we are incentivizing them to go and seek something better (you go girl! you deserve the best! how dare he spend time working to provide and not spend enough time with you!). Maybe it's because we are incentivizing them to reap monetary benefit and child custody benefit, so they know there's no risk involved once they get that incessant itch that her precious BB just can't scratch. Maybe it's because women have entered the workforce and (though they don't explicitly say it) still want their men to make significantly more than them so they can feel "provided for" and "secure." Wait, this is a post-feminist society...You're not allowed to feel those things, are you? No darling, it's okay that your man makes the same as or less than you, you're just being sexist. Pay no attention to that other man over there who makes significantly more.

​

Funny enough, her proposed solution to both of these problems (AMALT and AWALT) is enforced monogamy--which I agree with. The thing is, as she so acutely points out, monogamy can only be enforced by the female--aka the buyer in the sexual marketplace. So what do we do when we have a whole generation of women poisoned by the idea that riding the cock carousel is the best thing they can do in their youth? And as men dealing with these sorts of women, what is the best thing we can do? Besides, you know, banging sluts.