To make a long story short I had a FWB for about 6 months that I was getting pretty close with, we will call her Sarah, didn't see any major red flags and she seemed like she had the potential for an LTR, we both had strong feelings for each other. Suddenly she started avoiding me and making excuses. Then said she wasn't comfortable with me anymore. I knew there was another guy because she was obsessed and instantly lost interest in me. I was right, she had a new boyfriend, that relationship lasted all of about a month before he dumped her. After they broke up she would occasionally shoot me some lame boring message or a meme or something once in a while which I just ignored.

So last weekend I go out to the bar solo and run into a girl from work I will call her Kate for this. They knew each other and hung out at that bar all the time. Now Kate is pretty hot and clearly interested in me, but I wasn't trying to fuck her and lose my job over it. We talked for a while and went our separate ways when the bar closed. The next day Sarah is blowing up my snapchat with sexy pictures and sending me messages trying to hint that she wants me to come over and save her from some creepy guy or various other stupid or made up problems. I ignore all of these and she finally messages me. "So Jake (the bartender) told me you were at the bar with Kate last night, I hope you aren't making any bad decisions" I just said "yeah we were at the bar together" Sarah proceeds to tell me about how I need to be careful and because as good of a friend as Kate is she's batshit crazy and will throw me under the bus the first chance she gets if I make her mad. She says she's just looking out for me. I told her "I will be fine, I'm not doing anything wrong"

Pretty lame FR I know, I could have definitely taken Kate home that night, but I have a pretty good job that I don't want to put at risk. What I took away from this is just how powerful preselection is. This girl was 100% done with me, had zero interest, couldn't give a fuck what I'm doing or how I'm doing, and now that she thinks I'm hooking up with one of her hotter friends she's blowing up my phone constantly trying to get my attention. I don't think anything will really come of it, I don't really want to fuck Sarah again because like I was saying I had some strong feelings for her and don't want to fall back into that trap. Kate isn't an option unless she decides to get another job or something. It was still interesting to see all that play out firsthand though, definitely something I will keep in mind.

TLDR: FWB dropped me and said she wasn't interested anymore, now that she thinks I'm hooking up with her hotter friend she wants me back.