Summary: Prioritize lifting like you used to prioritize the oneitis you once orbitted.

My favorite question to ask people in AskTRP is whether or not they are lifting. I do this because if they aren't lifting, there is no point in them asking for advice when it comes to women, because lifting should be a mandatory pre-requisite before women. A good number of them say yes, but far too many say no and come up with their hamster wheel of excuses of why not.

• "I can't afford it"

• "I am hurt"

• "I have no transportation"

• "I have a lingering injury"

• "I don't have time"

• "Fuck you for giving the YOU NEED TO LIFT! advice, I am tired of coming here and the only advice people give is to lift"

Etc. Etc. Etc.

My favorite is when they bookend their question saying "Please don't give me the advice to lift, I have heard it too many times, I want actual advice"

Lifting should be your oneitis.

Think of the time you had oneitis for some girl. Most of us here probably have. Think about how badly you wanted her. How you would have done anything to be with her.

What if she called you up? Asked to hang out? At her place? And to bring a bottle of wine? What would you do? You'd do anything to make sure you were able to meet with her that night. Even if you were sick. Even if you were injured. Even if you couldn't afford it - you'd find a way. Even if you didn't have time - you'd make the time.

This should be your attitude toward lifting.

This past weekend I jammed the fuck out of my fingers. I thought they may have been broken(thankfully, they weren't). However I had giant gashes that probably needed stitches on them. My first reaction was "How will this affect my lifting". Because I have been lifting long enough to where I am constantly making progress, going hard, seeing results. And a hiatus from that would undo all the hard work I have done in the gym and slow my progress.

My past me would have used my hand injury as an excuse to be a lazy fuck and not go to the gym for a week. Not anymore. I still went to the gym and dead lifted - I couldn't do as much weight as I normally could for grip reasons, it was a bit painful, and my bandage/gauze turned into a dark red bloody mess by the time I was done, but I didn't skip.

If you are not uncomfortable at the thought of missing a day of lifting, you are not doing it right. You're not training hard enough or lifting heavy enough.

Now let me be clear - I am not encouraging those of you who truly have a legit injury, or legit illness, to lift through it. At some point its more important to recover that injury than suck it up and lift through it.

What I am saying is that you need to be completely honest and accountable with yourself. Do you truly, truly, truly have an injury or illness in which its best not to lift until it gets better? Or are you just using it as an excuse to be a lazy fuck? Don't cheat yourself. Because it will become a habit. Sooner or later you will invent more and more excuses to not lift.

Lifting is all about discipline and toughness. What is the point of lifting if you are not being honest with yourself?

If you can't afford it - Find a cheap gym. Shit, the gym I go to is $40 a month. If you can't afford $40 a month for a gym membership you have deeper issues. Stop using money as an excuse to not lift - It doesn't fly. Think back to when you had oneitis. Would $40 deter you from going out with her? Nope.

If you have no transportation - Find a way. Get a bike, get a cheap beater car, take the bus, whatever. There has to be a gym within a reasonable distance. Think back to when you had oneitis. Would you have crawled 10 miles over broken glass to go out with her? Probably. Same attitude needs to be taken when it comes to lifting. Find a way.

If you are sick or hurt - ask yourself if you REALLY are sick or hurt. If you are sick, its best not to go to the gym - as you wont be able to give your best, and you don't want to make others sick. But find a way to make up for it. If you are hurt - how serious is it? Ask yourself this question: In your oneitis days, would this sickness/injury have detered me from fucking my oneitis? If the answer is no, you are good enough to lift.

The "I don't have time" excuse is the dumbest of all. You can use a great, progress making weight training program that only takes an hour a day 3-4 times a week. You're telling me out of 168 hours of your week, you can't find 3-4 hours (1-2%) of your week to dedicate to lifting? Really? In your oneitis days, you would have done anything to spend 3-4 hours with your oneitis. You would have cleared your schedule, asked off at work, even skipped your own parents funeral if you had to. Like with the I dont have enough money excuse, if you can't find 3-4 hours a week to dedicate to lifting, you have deeper issues. I used to work 2 jobs, 90+ hours a week, and still found time to go to the gym. Was I tired? Yes. But I sucked it up.

Make lifting your oneitis. It should be something you make time for, prioritize, and would jump over many hurdles in order not to miss. It would take a serious injury or illness to keep you away.