I'm going to assume most people are aware of the current political climate in the US, especially concerning abortion. This isn't limited to reddit, either. In many online spaces where women are active participants, a lot of them are comparing current cultural and political issues to the US becoming Gilead. Whether it's due to the formula shortage, Roe v. Wade possibly overturning, the lack of maternal leave policies, etc., the comparisons are there.

However there are a lot of women who want to be at home with children, or are at least more interested in being domestically focused while their husband works outside the home. I'm not going to assume that most of these women are traditional in the sense of gender roles, but based on what many women IRL have told me, it's more of a practical manner and taking advantage of biology.

With things like breastfeeding, post-partum recovery, and caring for small children, it makes more sense for them to be home. I don't see any concerns of Gilead, or being a forced "breeder," or not having access to contraception, or never being able to get a job on their radar. The decisions women make to achieve the goals of marriage, having a family, and being the best wife for her husband might appear to be pro-Gilead nightmare scenarios, instead of planned and prudent behaviors from an RP perspective.

What's going on with that? People cannot believe that men and women aren't incentivized by different things, or don't respond to different behaviors.