I am a mom of two young boys and currently a stay at home mom. Recently I had a friendship fizzle out. She is someone I got really close to but after awhile I started to notice she was copying me and getting competitive. I’d run 7 miles shed run 8. I potty trained my son she did hers and made sure to say “I did it this way maybe next time you should ask me how I do it and do that instead”. (I took this as being very nice.) I’d put my son in soccer and she’d overtly comment how my son isn’t as good as hers. I started hosting a womens Bible study at my house and she remarked she should do it at hers instead. It slowly got more intense and I had to break the friendship off after she commented how my son isn’t as mature as her son (after her 4 year old son tackled and slapped mine..)

Anyway, this has made me realize I am not competitive whatsoever. It ignited in me the desire to be someone worth competing with. I want to level up and compete with the old version of myself.

What are some ways you leveled up?

I just started back my degree. I started back at the gym (had to take a break due to my youngest son not taking to being left in childcare.) I started doing stupid simple things like flossing, keeping my car and house spotless , dressing better each day, making the bed…

Anyway I wanted to hear your stories and opinions on the matter. I want to be a 10/10 internally and externally.