My husband started night shifts (2pm-1230am) last week, I only see him for a few minutes in the morning before I leave for work, and when he kisses me goodnight when he gets home. I've found this very hard because up until now we've had similar schedules and shared our evenings. This is his first job in his career field, and we couldn't be more excited. He's loving his job and I've never seen him happier. I miss him dreadfully during the week, but I can reassure myself that he's happy so I should be happy.

Despite missing him, I'm even more dedicated as a wife. I know he needs me to run things at home while he's at work. I also know he's dead tired when he gets home and he doesn't want to do much other than eat and sleep, so I make sure those needs are met, even if I'm already asleep by having dinner prepared for him and the house clean.

Is anybody else in a similar situation? How do you make time with your husband special when you DO see each other? What do you do special during the week that would make his day (night)?