RP theory tells us that men and women love differently and more importantly that a woman won't love a man the way he wants her to (and how he should deal with it) but doesn't say much about men not being able to love us the way we want them to (or how we should deal with it).

​

It seems to be the consensus that men's love "flows down" the way a woman's love for her children does. Men love women because they see them as needing protection and leadership (the way children do). These are certainly all things I've seen from relationships and from the way men seem to talk about women online. Now I'm quite submissive by nature (in fact I've often encouraged my bf to be more dominant) but I'm not submissive because I need to be, I don't need to be protected and lead, that doesn't mean I don't want to be nor does it mean I don't appreciate it. I submit to my man because it comes naturally to me not because I "need" to and I'm able to submit to him while still seeing him as a "peer". As such no matter how submissive I am I still can't scratch the idea that I want a "partner". Not in the sense that we need to share all responsibilities equally or that I shouldn't defer to him. I want a "partner" in the sense that it's us against the world, as in we are two halves of a whole unit. The problem is it doesn't seem this is what men want.

​

Men seem to see us more as another child ("the oldest teenager in the house") rather than a peer. This seems obvious to me when I witness men's attraction to young women/girls. I understand the biological reason men are attracted to young women's bodies, what causes me confusion is why they would date them. Sure a 30 yo man may be more physically attracted to a 20 yo woman but he can't truly relate to her and from what I've seen he certainly won't see her as his peer or his partner. Heck, I'm turning 20 tomorrow and I already struggle to relate to teenagers, I can enjoy their company and have fun but I can't relate to them or see them as my peer, and the truth is that is how men see us, they can have fun with a younger woman but I doubt they'd ever see her as a life partner because they simply don't want a life partner. It seems what a man wants is someone attractive who is pleasant to be around, and not necessarily someone he'd see as a life partner or mother to his children.

​

I guess I'm looking for advice on how to reconcile this. I'm finding it hard to see any man as a potential life partner when I know my abilities as a life partner don't really matter to him as much as my youth and pleasance does (and that of course his affinity for me will wane as i naturally grow older and less doe eyed). How do you ladies go about building a life with a man knowing he doesn't really see it as building a life "with you" but building a life "for you" (the way you would for your child)?