I found RPW a year ago and I have learned a lot while I have been here. However, to be honest, I have treated this mostly as a self-improvement sub. The last guy I dated was a year ago for three months. It was long distance and was never official. This was before I found RPW and I'm more careful now. I guess you could say I've been in monk mode for a year now.

My question is, what do you do when you're too comfortable with being single? And when I say single, I don't mean hooking up with random guys. I'm 27 and my ncount is 3 (some people think that's high, I didn't know better). I'm just happy with my own company and working on myself. I have never, ever wanted kids and while the idea of getting married someday is nice, I'm not in a huge rush. Even if it never happens, that's okay.

I read of a lot of RPW articles and I absolutely love the advice, so it's not that I disagree with the ideas. I just worry that rushing to find a husband will cause me to settle or choose the wrong person. I know vetting helps, I think I'm afraid of putting myself out there. Maybe you guys can talk some sense into me.

The past couple years I have been working on myself, especially my self confidence. While I am far better than I used to be, I think my perfectionism keeps me from dating. It's like, once I clear up my acne, get Invisalign, get a personal trainer, [insert flaw here], then I'm good enough to date.

I'm not sure if I should continue with monk mode and continue working on myself or start breaking out of my comfort zone and start dating.