I don’t really know what I’m doing posting, but I’ve been feeling really anxious about college and need some advice on how to get rid of all my negative feelings.

Since getting to college, I’ve definitely met some nice people and am glad that my peers are generally more intelligent than high school, but I’m starting to worry that most of the girls here fall into 3 camps and I’m not sure how to go about making friends in this environment.

1. We have your classic college party girls. They love dressing up for tailgates and going fratting. Obviously they tend to be the “hotter” girls and always seem to have a ton of male attention. I know the focus of college isn’t to go meeting guys, especially off the bat, but a small part of me can’t help but envy them for all of the male attention they’ve gotten so quickly, and how effortless they make it seem. On one hand, the rpw side of me knows they’re only trouble, but part of me wishes I could have their confidence and attention they get.

2. Big feminists. These girls definitely aren’t as promiscuous as the party girls, but they actively label themselves as feminists and overall have very unfeminine interests and tendencies. It’s not always extreme, but I feel like I’m not fitting in with some of the girls I live with because I don’t know all the Vines or I don’t believe that women are as Oppressed TM as everyone makes them out to be. They also tend to be a bit more eccentric in how they present themselves and I personally just feel like I don’t fit well with them

3. Uber why girls. Don’t get me wrong these girls are sweet. I’ll see them in a class or pass by them and I’ll notice their plain demeanor and sometimes... juvenile sense of style or mannerisms. It’s as if they’re still in middle school both in naivety and how they act/present themselves, and the insecurity that comes with their shy personality is hard to navigate in terms of making friends. These are girls who look like their moms dressed them, don’t do their hair or makeup and genuinely look afraid to be... feminine. It’s like they don’t know what it is.

Ok I’m worried I may have just put down a large part of campus but I just don’t know how to put aside my fomo at seeing the party girls go have fun, and to a lesser extent, even the more eccentric feminists. The shy girls seem nice enough but they really seem so closed and sheltered that I don’t know if I can realistically enjoy any sort of friendship with them. I just want to know if anyone has advice to get rid of my envy for male attention and how to go about looking for groups on campus of girls who know how to have fun yet be responsible at the same time.

I really just need some advice and encouragement, anything to ease the anxiety and homesickness I’m feeling right now.