I've been dealing with diagnosed depression for about two years now. I am currently a 21 year old student who attends a top public university in the country. I am involved in clubs and hold leadership positions, participate in many social events, and am lined up with a great career post-graduation.

However, I just don't feel happy and nothing I do changes this. I want to start working out and lifting, but never seem to have the motivation to get up and go to the gym. I guess this is partly because I've never lifted in the past and don't know where to start. I don't have a guide on how to start going to the gym by myself.

As for the depression, I refuse to take medication and feel like being more physically active might help my mental state. Any advice for someone like me? I want to get in shape but don't have the motivation. I don't care about drinking or going out with friends as much, my entire college experience has been this. I want to work on myself and become better. This is literally my only problem and I feel like it is the only thing holding me back.