I have been in an LTR with a girl for over a year, though it has had its rocky moments. Namely because I have that gnawing feeling in the back of my mind that there are other girls out there and I could potentially be doing better. I have let her know I do like her and enjoy her company (I think she likes me more than I like her) but she is clawing for my unabashed commitment.

Other than that, she's usually quite good in that she does things for me, always following up on things I'm doing, comes over, sex is plentiful. She does however, get upset that I don't frequently compliment her (wants me to tell her she looks pretty, etc.) and other such comfort tests.

The other night we were texting and after a while I started giving short answers because I didn't have much else to say. I left her last message on read and she sends another saying "I'm always nice to you and interested but you don't seem to care, it's clear you're not interested, I want someone who is concerned about me and is interested in my life like everybody else". I replied with "well I hope you find what you're looking for". (Dunno if this was too harsh but I didn't want to feed into the sappy responses of 'no I really love you). She's now responded with "I don't understand, I want you and you tell me you like me but you don't seem interested in making any effort", etc.

Truthfully I feel like I'm being a dick saying that and ignoring her but I don't have much desire to put much effort into this. I feel guilty because she's a sweet girl and loves me but I'm just not as into it as she is (which I have told her).

Anyone want to analyse this a little and give some thoughts? Thanks.