TRP.RED: Home | Blogs - Forums.RED: ALL | TheRedPill | RedPillWomen | AskTRP | thankTRP | OffTopic
Hot New TopControversial
Login or Register
i.sli.mg | 15 Comments | submitted about a year ago by Ask_If_Im_A_Cactus [Post Locked]
[-] BabyOnRoad 5 Points about a year ago

Are you a cactus?

[-] kn1820 4 Points about a year ago

BLACK GUNS MATTER

[-] WhatIsThisPlace88 2 Points about a year ago

MUH BARREL SHROUD

[-] AMart83 1 Point about a year ago

I would love to own an AR-15. Not saying / sure this is an AR-15, just saying I'd like to own one.

[-] 3456789101112 1 Point about a year ago

It is an AR handgaurd yes. Get one if you're not a felon, what's stopping you? If cost prohibits it there are quality options for under $600. Building your own is even cheaper and surprisingly easy.

Cost and I don't need one (thankfully), but it's something I'd like to own one day. I looked at building one and it seems I would need a workbench (vice grip), which is out of the question.

[-] 3456789101112 1 Point about a year ago

Hmm, I don't think you would need a vice grip. Maybe for building one up from nothing, but most people just buy a lower, upper, barrel, ect and snap them together..

Ah okay. I just did some quick google searches and one of the guides mentioned a vice grip.

[-] Greatagain 1 Point about a year ago

nah man, get a completed lower, and then get a completed upper when you get the cash. Having taken several rifle/defense courses, you learn how the AR-15 is THE primary home defense tool. Ex-military and police all agree its the best tool for home defense.

It is an American right of passage. Neigh, it is a Mans right.

Thanks for the info! I honestly didn't know you could build one until I posted here. Having looked at the prices for the completed upper and lower, it seems to cost about the same, though, if not more than just buying it complete.

[-] 766AP 1 Point about a year ago

At the very least buy a lower (or 3) for $60 in case a new ban gets legislated, so yours can be grandfathered in. Then later you can build the rest of the rifle around it. The only regulated part is that lower.

Thanks man, I'll end up doing that instead. I'll look into how difficult it is to assemble the rest of the lower receiver before making a purchase, though. Is it difficult and will require a lot of tools? Or is it something relatively easy?

[-] 766AP 1 Point about a year ago

Quite easy, unless you have zero aptitude for that kind of thing, like a person who can't assemble IKEA furniture. It's just a couple of $2 punches and a hammer or something that can lightly hammer (like the butt of a loaded pistol - ha).
Bottom line is don't be daunted. Most people find it really fun, w/ a sense of accomplishment - building their own rifle - there's a pride in it. And detailed how-to vids walking through every step can be found by the zillions on youtube.

[-] DefectiveDonor 1 Point about a year ago

I just picked up an Aero Percision CR-15 for $669. The shop owner I had it shipped to was gushing over the price for a good five minutes.

[-] futuregunsmith 1 Point about a year ago

Dayum, <$700 for an Aero Precision?