I don't even know where to start. Over the past years, I've lost countless friends to girls. It's always the same story. They seem like reliable and cool guys, until they get attention from a girl. Once that happens, it's like they become another person. They become a shell of their former self, I don't even recognize them anymore.

I've had friends who give up on their dreams and goals, just so they can spend more time with their girl. Other friends don't even leave their house anymore. I'm not even kidding when I say that I have friends who just work their dead end job, play video games, and sit at home with their girlfriend. When you try to make plans with them, they always flake or come up with a ridiculous excuse.

It just bamboozles me how their mind works, are they genuinely happy? We know that girls come in and go out of our lives. I'd never give up my dreams, goals, or friends for a girl, because I value these things more than some random girl. It's actually funny, because these guys are staying with their girl 24/7, out of fear of losing them. They think that this is the best way to keep a girl around, but they don't realize that the opposite is true. If anything, being too available is the best recipe for your girl to lose all her attraction towards you.

I'm not even kidding when I say that I haven't seen my 'best friend' in years. I'd do everything with him. Play sports, work out, travel, pick up girls, ... But once he got a girlfriend, it's been impossible to set up plans with him. Another friend has been flaking on me lately, because he started hanging out with two girls from our class in university. I make plans with him, only for him to flake on me, spend time with those girls, pretending to be their friend, just so he has a chance of getting into their pants, it's absolutely pathetic.

Like I said, it's always been the same story. I cut off these unreliable friends, meet new guys, and it's the same thing. Maybe I expect too much from friends. I've been using this time to work on myself. Working out, reading, meeting new people, studying, improving my SMV, ... But honestly, this journey feels so lonely. I miss having my group of close male friends who you can rely on. How to deal with this?