I introduced a plate into the swing dance, social dance community, but as time went on, I saw that she had developed a jealous streak. She had danced in the past, but not with the same degree of enthusiasm as me, I've been working on partner dancing for years.

Long story short, I just had to drop her. She's still active in the community, and it sort of bugs me sometimes because I can't even get a peace of mind if I want to go social dancing. After some trying moments during which she said some ugly things about me in the community, spreading slander and the like. She resumed as a sort of distant orbit FWB after a time.

Now, she even tells me about her dates or interactions with other men because we have gone back and forth so much. And the things that I'm learning seems to be pretty useful as I also continue to grow in these communities. We ultimately came to the conclusion that her only objective was to just find the one and only, lifelong, committed relationship.

She is someone I brought to this kind of distinct community, and she seems to still be there and desire to be different, so I'm in anyway happy for her. These communities though, can be notorious for hook-ups or relationships not lasting. For me, I like my community enough to not shit in it. Nevertheless, I may simply also be suffering from oneitis and scarcity.

Yet over the months, despite the fact that guys kept pursuing her, she always declined. Although she has met some men who she is super close to considering, I am curious about how she will act when she ultimately makes her next connection and a lay. Background of her, 5 years without sex and I was her first one after all those years, she's moderately attractive. And she's not the hook-up type, or is she?

Despite her discussing her relationships with other men & our now-incognito casual lays. While some have explored relationships in this community, I haven't done so because I know what to expect. We remain in touch despite the fact that she has grown to accept my casual dances of other women here.

However, I'm also curious to see if she'll maintain her pledge to cut off communication once she had her first lay. I'll use a post I read here that says, "as long as she practices safe sex, I wouldn't really care and shouldn't," as my own example of this perplexity. We shouldn't really care, but do we though? Is this mentally healthy for us?

FYI I'm not really deep in the poly community either. I just like my hobby with a great passion but it perplexes me that my exes or other plates are in it, probably a wrong choice for me to introduce them to it.

What psychological reasons do guys have for not caring or even wanting to share their main or plate with other men? What do you think is my case? And how should I navigate moving forward? If she actually stays true, I'd occasionally see her with her new man. Not a big deal, but if she sticks to me casualness, is this just more compllications?