In my last relationship, my ex-girlfriend used to always beg for more attention. But i wasnt much of a phone call type guy, and would text her 3-4 days of the week, but not every day, and definitely not instant texting. I work so much and was never a huge reliable texter personality type. Every so often she would need comfort tests because of this, saying she needs more attention, only wants it from me, etc.

Well this is a long story, but we broke up about a year ago. I introduced her to one of my best "girl friends" when we were dating. Lets call her Christina. They became best friends during our relationship and after. Christina has always been civil with me and never sided with my ex during or after the relationship.

I met up with Christina recently with some friends at a bar last weekend, where she admitted that my now ex talks on the phone every single day for 20 minutes with her new boyfriend, they have only been dating for 1 month now. She didnt say it maliciously or try to get a reaction, but the conversation kind of drifted there. She knows the intimate details of our break up, she is my best friend, she is best friends with my ex..

Im over my ex now. But sometimes I reflect on how to be a better boyfriend for LTR, as one day I do want kids and marriage. Part of my post-break up insight was that at times, my texting is pretty sparse and delayed but its because im busy. But my ex used to always say people make time for things that are important to them. I kind of treated half of it like shit-tests and the other half like comfort-tests, while being a bit guilty at the time knowing i probably didnt give enough texting attention to my ex.

We hung out a lot, 3-4 times a week in person and i never "neglected" her in that aspect. It was a healthy relationship that I ended for other reasons. What was definitely lacking in that texting department, I was exceptional in other categories, things i deemed more important, such as dates, quality time in person, sex, maintaining high smv, frame, social life outside of her.

But hearing this made me think, is 20 minutes daily phone calls TOO MUCH time for a LTR? This is not even including the texting throughout the day either. Im just thinking this new guy is doing 20 minute phone calls every day with a new 1 month LTR.

With redpill knowledge, that seems to remove any mystery and give way too much comfort even to a LTR. It just seems very beta and clingy, maybe needy? Maybe im hating. Anyways Im glad she found someone who is giving her what was missing from me. Its just weird seeing this from the outside, looking in, with someone i was so intimate with in the past. And regarding one of my "flaws" or wahtever.

TRP, is that too much attention for LTR?