OK I hope this helps someone get rich. We've known for quite some time the feds would raise interest rates to make it look like they're doing something about inflation. When this happens, the hedge funds sell stocks and buy bonds/treasuries because they have a better return. So if you're like me, you cashed out all your stocks because you knew a big sell off would lower stock prices. You can play the volatility through options trading and basically charge rent on your money and get around a 10% return.

Next you would take your cash that is worth 8.7% less now due to inflation and incrementally buy high interest rate treasuries until the fed stops raising rates. When that happens, you buy back stocks at record lows with whatever cash you have remaining and incrementally sell off your higher rate bonds when the fed lowers rates and put that into stocks.

Finally, you sell your stocks to the echo boomers(millennials) at a 20% markup as rates go back down to zero and when the fed announces a rate hike. This is a generational cycle and hasn't happened since the 70s(explained below). While you wait for the cycle to repeat, and this is the last one unless someone starts cranking out babies, you can play your stocks in and out of options, basically charging rent on your stocks.

Here's the analysis: The fed is creating a depression. We're already in a recession and just waiting for layoffs. You can monitor the layoff situation here https://www.dailyjobcuts.com/ . Western countries are creating an energy crisis and subsequent energy inflation. They're also creating a food crisis and inflation there. This is going to cause a global depression and world famine.

Big corporations have decided to raise prices and sell less rather than hold prices low and sell more, based on their buying activity recently and record profits. This translates into fake inflation. The administration, it seems, is turning a blind eye to this and playing along by raising rates. There are several consequences: 1.) Housing crash that leads to, 2.) Banking/debt crisis, and 3.) Liquidity crisis. Sound familiar? The next cycle will start when the fed signals it needs to print money to add liquidity to markets and take all the bad loans from the banks. The banks are already bitching about the higher reserve capital requirements so I don't think it's too far away.

There's also a population demographic crisis coming. First of all, this quarter marks the begin of the massive boomer retirement tsunami. Think worker shortages and defunct social security. Second, there's not enough people to replace them. We'll have a short wave of the echo boomers(age 26-41) propping it up a little bit but we've reached the point Japan was at in the 1980s and they've been stuck with no growth, shrinking population, 50% drop in house prices, and shrinking economy for 40 years. So maybe take your down payment money and invest it in the schema above and just rent until we reach bottom.

Disclaimer this is not financial advice, I'm not a licensed broker or anything like that. I just know what worked for me. You could lose some or all of your money.