I moved into University 4 days ago and in my hall on my floor there are 5 people, 3 guys and 2 girls. I have worked my charm on both girls by being humorous and charismatic and everything was going swell.

So the night before I asked her out I texted her on snap and said to meet me in the kitchen before 10 as I'm heading out for an induction to my course. She woke up around 10:30 and said that she just woke up and that I can just text it to her.. And this is where it gets tricky.

So today I texted her and said that "I'm going to the local park on XYZ day you can come with if you'd like". She previously agreed to come when I asked her during a hour and a half long convo we had in the kitchen alone together in which in escalated briefly but nothing sexual, I did put my hand on the small of her back though. But yeah.. It probably was forgotten due to the heat of the moment I'm not sure.

But anyways since that message was sent she didn't open it for 8 hours and I 100% know she's seen it as the five of us as roommates left campus together and of course used our phones. We have a group chat too and she added someone else to it so she's definitely on the app. She also opened it about an hour ago.

So I don't know how to proceed, is this a shit test?, she has gave me alot of IOS during that hour and a half long convo we had so I'm confused.

So far she avoids eye contact with me now and kind of excludes me but I still maintain the same composure as I'm an outgoing guy and that's just my nature but she isn't responding the same. She gives eye contact when I directly ask her something but that's it, I've withdrawn my attention from her to see if that does anything but I don't know if that's the best move? Any advice guys?

• was I wrong to try and get involved with a girl in my uni accommodation floor? After all you have to go for what you like right?

• She is 21 & I'm 19